What flashlights have you lost?

wjv

Enlightened
What flashlights have you lost for more than just a few weeks, or permanently? Ever lose one under strange circumstances?

I have had flashlights disappear for a couple weeks, but about a month ago I had one disappear in a strange manner.

Like many here, I have more flashlights than I can use at any given time. So I rotate flashlight usage on a semi-regular basis. I usually have one 18650 light as my "walk the dog" or "go out in the back yard" light [I live on a acre of land in a semi-rural area], and another light as my EDC. Sometimes I'll even rotate out the light I have in my "get home" bag in my trunk. [Currently a Fenix LD10-R5]

I was planning on rotating out my flashlights so I took the batteries out of my Fenix LD50 and my Fenix PD25. I placed both of them on my bed, near the foot end. Then I went and did some other things. Later that day I open the safe and pulled out my Spark SG5 and my Fenix E35 that I was planning on using instead of the LD50 and the PD25. Went into the bedroom and the LD50 was still sitting there, but the PD25 was missing.

First I asked my wife and daughters if they took it, and they all said no. Which made sense since it didn't have any batteries in it. So I started looking around. First though was that if fell between the mattress and the bed frame. . . Nope. . . I even tore all the bedding off and didn't find it, and it wasn't on the floor under the bed. Then I thought that someone pulled the quilt or sat on the bed causing the light to fly off the bed and land somewhere. But again, nothing.

My latest theory is that our dog (a Yorkie) found it and stole it, as it was in a nylon holster and he might have thought it was a fun chew toy. He has a habit of going into closets and such, and burying his toys. So maybe someday I still will have a change of finding it. . . .

But this always leaves you in a conundrum. If you buy a replacement flashlight, do you buy the exact same light? Then if you do find the old one at some point in the future, you have 2 identical lights. Or do you buy something similar, but different. I went with "similar but different" and ordered an EagleTac TX25C with the Cree XM-L2 (T6) NW, which can run using either 1xCR123 or 2xCR123. The extender tube is included. (It should arrive today).

I'll probably just use it in the 1xCR123 config, since if I need a pocket thrower, I can always use my TK15 or the LD50. Both of which throw further, and are easy to carry in a pocket.

harro

Enlightened
Not me personally, but the higher authority. First light to go missing was an ITP Eluma SC2. It went the same way, down between the bedside drawer and mattress. Then the SWM T10T titanium i bought to replace the ITP for her went the same way, and so on. But this is not a bad thing, as they find their way from the floor, into my collection, and i buy what i want next, to replace her light. It may take a few weeks or months to find its way onto the floor, but it will eventually happen.

:sssh:

Now, if i could just work out how to justify an Acebeam X65 as her next bedside light.....

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight I7r... at the time, one of two keychain lights. The magnetic mount made it so easy to use, so I thought also easy to lose. I kept the light set to "high" with the idea that if it got knocked loose, I would see the light. Didn't happen. One week, two, three...oh heck, ordered another. The day it arrived, I was walking the dog and as I walked through the gravel adjacent to my driveway I saw a glimmer of a reflection. Sure enough, amidst all the rock was my half buried I7r. The lens was cracked-I called Olight, and because it was a "limited edition", no replacement parts were available. I continued to use that light for close to a year until it was replaced by a Prometheus QR2. The I7r still is used as a neck light, but a Quantum DD is now keychain #1 with a Maratac Peanut as backup. A little off topic; my favorite edc knife is the Benchmade 913 Stryker. Love the assisted opening and D2 steel. To date I have lost & replaced 3 knives-never having a clue what happened until today. I had misplaced my Manker PL10vn-when looking for it, I was checking under the seats of my Chrysler 300-it turns out there is a plastic vent under the drivers seat and it has a "channel" underneath. Lo & behold a 913 Stryker with drop point blade I lost two years ago!(the Manker Pl10vn somehow found it's way into my wife's purse & was recovered after careful reconnaissance). I only wish I could find the other two lost Benchmades. Interesting that it is the only knife I have ever lost, and three times as it were. Sorry to go off topic, please carry on...

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't tell you how many Nitecore Tubes have gone MIA..I've also lost a SF M3 with LF Turbo head...pretty sure it was actually stolen. Very confident that I have an EagleTac d25a clickie somewhere in the house.

FPV

Newly Enlightened
Lost a sipik clone ones, then a small pen light went into the seat gap in my car and never found it afterwards (guess it fell into a A/C duct).
can't find a Convoy C8 right now, could be somewhere around the house or might be gone ?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the ones I've shipped (& shipped to me) and were never received, I had a Swiss army card stolen from me by the workers at the Autobody shop where my car was recovering from an accident

cp2315

Enlightened
The only light I lost and care about is the original Thrunite T10 twisty, the one in the middle. It is a perfect EDC.
2012-03-25_09-28-29_773.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
Only one but a real favorite. I lost my 4sevens 1xCR123 Titanium Quark in its holster. It was stolen when I traded in my car. Granted I left it in the car but was back within an hour and the guys were actually cleaning the car when I got there. It was hidden in a hard to find cubby but they found it and wouldn't admit it. I raised hell but to no avail. I even offered $20 to the cleaners who "found" it later no questions asked. No dice. I told my salesman I'd never buy a car there again to give him some motivation to get it back from the cleaners but no dice. Perfect little emergency light for my car. Damn I miss that light.

A month later I received a package from the dealership. My heart leapt! It was a couple of damn CD'S I left in the player and didn't give a # about. What a disappointment. It was like losing it all over again.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Too many.

Ones I'm still aware of... excluding ones I lost in the house
Fenix E01: used it as a bait light, lost it in the canal after snagging my hook, its in the Indian River lagoon system.
Fenix P1: destroyed trying to get the pill out, I remember this well because it was my first time putting a flashlight in the oven to thaw the loctite.
Streamlght Jr. Luxeon: Stolen out of my high school locker, presumably fallen out after someone kicked out the locker floor. This was my high school EDC. I bought another years later and gave it away to someone who broke theirs up here.
Surefire L4: Clip sheared and left on a taxi in Taiwan by accident, I didn't notice it until I felt my belt
Surefire A2-WH: fell out of my pocket and got left on a transfer flight, if it got lodged in the seats its probably still flying to this day from DFW to NGO.
Surefire 6P: loaned it to a traveling cousin because the transmission was leaking, never got the light back after we made it safely. Later told that wasn't my cousin.
Princeton Tec Surge: poor thing melted because I used eneloops. That light was HOT.
Inova X1: didn't survive a pool excursion
Dorcy 3W spotlight: among other articles when my canoe capsized [advice guys, do not canoe near an inlet, even if you didn't know there was an inlet, do not canoe near an inlet]
Black Surefire A2: MIA... no idea where it went, probably tossed out when I decided enough was enough and tossed out all my surefire boxes
E1e 2 flats: MIA... no idea where it went, probably tossed out when I decided enough was enough and tossed out all my surefire boxes
Craftsman[?] 1MCP spotlight: not entirely sure if I lost it, but it was supposed to be in the trailer box, 6 hour drive to Charleston and it wasn't there. On the way back I lost the trailer box altogether. Replacing a tire on the trailer after running over your own trailer box was fun.... NOT. Picking up the box contents along I-95 was fun too.... NOT.
Osram Golden dragon lantern [Sylvania branded I think?]: rolled off the roof following hurricane recovery and hit the drive way. I'm not certain why I brought that one up there, but tarping didn't need it.

Lost my Eagtac P200LC2 today, it was a XP-L Hi Neutral too.... somewhere between work and home. if I can't find it tomorrow I'll have to buy a replacement as it is a fine EDC. It'll be my third P200LC2. Thank you Illuminationgear.

Last edited:

afraidofdark

Enlightened
I had a double-headed Peak Shasta that I lost on a camping trip. This was the old-style Peak head with three 5mm LEDs that ran on N-cells. One head was white and on the opposite end the other head was red. I really liked that little light.

cerbie

Enlightened
Fenix L1P, lost somewhere on my college campus.

HDS Executive 170N, left in an employees only back room that I had to use it in. I set it down, got busy, and accidentally left it there. Came back the next day, it wasn't there, and nobody claimed to have seen it.

HDS Executive 200 HCRI, fell out of my pocket in either my car, in my house, or my parents' house. Being that it had a lanyard on it, one of two cats could have moved it to who-knows-where.

Last edited:

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
A 6p with a malkoff m60LF. I put it in my parents truck to use at the beach in the summer. It was either stolen by someone working on the car or left at the beach/let someone borrow it at the beach. So some mechanic or random person has a very nice light. Still makes me sad to think about :mecry: