Surefire L2???

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
I found the following on the TAD Gear website:

Surefire L-2 DIGITAL LUMAMAX

L2 is fitted with a three-watt White LED
(light emitting Diode)

2 Stage light output Low output 15 lumens
High output XX lumens (*rumored to be as bright as a L4)

Powered by a single lithium 123A 3-volt battery

The LumaMax features digital current regulation circuitry and a digitally controlled two-stage switching mechanism

2 stage tail cap

Hard Anodized Type 3 body

Deep pocket clip

MSRP = $165.00

Anyone have any photos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where on the TAD page did you see the L2 info? I just looked through their site, and saw info on the U2, but didn't see any mention of an L2. Nothing in the "what's new" section either.

-Keith

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lux_Luminous said:
I found the following on the TAD Gear website:
Surefire L-2 DIGITAL LUMAMAX

Powered by a single lithium 123A 3-volt battery

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is a typo at TAD, should be 2 123 cells IMHO

Klaus

SUREFARC

Enlightened
SF_L2.jpg

I guess the Z57 can not be attached to it. 3 watter or 5 watter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
That pic above don't look like it's using a single 123. So TAD gear got the wrong info?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would bet that's the case. A single 123 does not have the oomph to drive a 5W to spec.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...you're right, it IS a tad on the long side. Maybe it has the circuitry inside the body, like the L1/A2?

Raindrop

Enlightened
According to unnamed sources the L2 is 1.3" longer than an L1 and uses the 5W L4 Bezel Assembly driven with TWO 123s. Given the additional length and the use of a 5W I think a Super L1 that is 1" shorter and uses the PR~T reflector and LuxIII T driven by a BB917 and 2x123 is a nice tradeoff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks a little awkward being so long. That picture looks photoshopped as well... A 5watter with dual output would be nice. Seems like this is stepping on the toes of the U2 tho?

Kiu

Enlightened
Oops,I pay more and more as the price of flashlight become more and more expensive..

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Raindrop said:
According to unnamed sources the L2 is 1.3" longer than an L1 and uses the 5W L4 Bezel Assembly driven with TWO 123s. Given the additional length and the use of a 5W I think a Super L1 that is 1" shorter and uses the PR~T reflector and LuxIII T driven by a BB917 and 2x123 is a nice tradeoff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Raindrop.

But, I'll probably get one of these anyway. Don is so busy anymore, and his bored out L1s are gone within hours of him putting them up for sale. The L2's body will make a nice host for my McLux heads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I like the L1 style Z60 lanyard setup and the feel of the L1 body geometry. Hope they produce it in black HA III.

Britt

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Another Surefire ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Oh no ! I'll never finish my collection. I am on stand by list for an U2 and now a new L2 is announced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
One other to buy this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Britt, do you sell McLux Head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Pascal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

No, I am a buyer and becoming a hoarder of McGizmo anything. Just like you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

TheFire

Enlightened
When I talked to the guy at TAD Gear, he said that the L2 was a 3w, but I seem to remember him saying that it was indeed 2 cells, so I guess it's just a typo on the page...