novatac ultimate 60 ui

gianetics

Enlightened
just picked up a ultimate 60 from another member. im trying to program it. it requires 10 clicks from off. but force setting must be off to enter program mode. however i have to enter program mode to turn force setting off. so if im explaining it correctly i cant get to the menu because force is on but to disable it force i have to get to the menu. :mad:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone with more current experience will hopefully chime in.

But in the meantime. Take this advice with a grain of salt, I had to search cause I sorta remembered some of the 60s actually had a different "upgraded" programming like the 120. You may have one of those????????? Search up 120 programming and see what you get.
something like this:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?171598-NovaTac-EDC-120P-Programming

Also, I wonder if it can be "Unlocked" with the 250 clicks? Worst part is loosing count! lol Warning sore thumbs coming. ha!

Good luck.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Someone with more current experience will hopefully chime in.

But in the meantime. Take this advice with a grain of salt, I had to search cause I sorta remembered some of the 60s actually had a different "upgraded" programming like the 120. You may have one of those????????? Search up 120 programming and see what you get.
something like this:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?171598-NovaTac-EDC-120P-Programming

Also, I wonder if it can be "Unlocked" with the 250 clicks? Worst part is loosing count! lol Warning sore thumbs coming. ha!

Good luck.

I used both hand, lol...grip in one, palm with other

gianetics

Enlightened
this is the reference i have been using http://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Legacy/EdcUltimate/EdcUltimateUsersGuide.pdf

i cant turn off force mode because i cant get to the menu because force mode is on??? also from on if i click click press from on it cycles through stobe,becon, sos, brightness ramp (low to high) not latch high on like its supposed to. just confused right now. ive been able to set my brightnesses but i cant get to the menu.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya looks like it's 3 clicks hold to get to options. All force setting does is remember your last light setting and it will turn on at that setting when you turn light back on. So if your on low and turn light off it will remember that and it will come on again on low. Force setting has nothing to do with getting into options menu.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
No problem. If I remember correctly "and I never do" that light is the light that came out right after Henry stopped making his older ones. Made for the military but I could be wrong.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Here goes nothing: You have to turn off forced-setting just to change the brightness levels, so that you can choose the brightness level you are adjusting. The old UI enters customization from Off; all later models do this from On. If a light always turns on at Preset B, for example, then you could only adjust Preset B. If forced-setting is off, it will turn on at whatever level you just turned it off at, so you can choose to modify any of the presets by turning it off at that level before you do the 10-click thing. Make sense?