Olight S1A turns itself on after inserting battery

tigerfromsiberia

Newly Enlightened
My Olight S1A turns itself on right after inserting battery and tightening the tail cap. Other than that it works normally. Should I send it back for repair?

Thanks,

Sean

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Olight S1A turns itself on right after inserting battery and tightening the tail cap. Other than that it works normally. Should I send it back for repair?

Thanks,

Sean

Unless this is some sort of new "feature" described in the manual, I'd say you have a malfunctioning light, and you should send it back for a replacement.

fmc1

Enlightened
None of mine do that and I have three of them. I actually had four at one time and gave one away. Mine are all serial numbers that begin with G which are 2016 models. Unless it's something new and documented as stated above by scs I would say it's faulty.

tigerfromsiberia

Newly Enlightened
Mine has serial starting with NG. Just now I discovered that it won't even run on regular Eneloop anymore, only the Olight 14500 that was in it. Definitely will send it in.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
None of mine do that and I have three of them. I actually had four at one time and gave one away. Mine are all serial numbers that begin with G which are 2016 models.

G = Good

Mine has serial starting with NG. Just now I discovered that it won't even run on regular Eneloop anymore, only the Olight 14500 that was in it.

NG = No Good

:laughing: