Is this bad?/possible illness

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got off of work at 4pm today. I live an hour from work and drove home. I was a bit tired. I fell asleep as soon as I sat at 5pm and was out until now. My lips are numb and tingly and I am more tired now than when I got home. In fact its more than just numb lips, my face feels kind of numb and I am ready to go to sleep. Is this the sign of something bad or am I just really tired. I would hate to go to the doctor and have hime say, your just really tired dummy.

Now to the other odd thing, I have 666 unread mail messages. I don't recognize most of them. Sheesh.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is this bad?

That sounds scary. I would call "ask a nurse" or the local ER and see what they say.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*

Personally, I'd definitely look into that.

It's one thing to feel tired, but to have numb or tingly sensations in your face is very unusual.

Can you smile/make movements with your face?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not on one side of the face...and no shellfish eaten recently. Movement not affected.

robk

Enlightened

Don't gamble with your health. If you're over 40 or so, go to the ER - they won't laugh at you. Possible mini-stroke? Let them do an MRI or CT Scan just to rule out any major problem. Two weeks ago they thought I had a heart attack, I let them do a Cardiac Catheterization and they told me I had the coronary arteries of a 20 year old, and I'm 51. Never put off medical care if you have decent insurance, the faster they can diagnose a problem, the better off you are. Five years ago, I woke up and pee'd blood. I went about my daily routine until late that night I couldn't pee at all because of clots in the bladder. Turned out I had a small tumor and it was removed before it spread to other organs. I was very lucky! Don't be afraid of the ER, it may be a false alarm, but it's best to make sure (even though it's a royal pain to go there)
Good luck,
Rob

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

no oneside, no shellfish, no movement affected. these are good signs. still drop by your local emergency room for a quick check up!
hopefully it's not that bad.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened

light headedness,visual difficulties,headaches,mental confusion,in addition to the numbness?
just make the call to ER,please.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really don't know about the blood pressure thing. It was a little high the last time I was at a doctor but they said it was borderline. Yep, past 40, is 41. I think I will go and have this checked if this does not clear up in a little bit.

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened

Jon your body is giving you a warning sign. quit posting and reading posts. Go to the ER right now. Get your wife to drive you as you should not drive yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

were you outta breath earlier?

you might've started hypterventilating..

it really is best to get it checked out tho. even if it's nothing, they could still fix you up.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

yup, see a doc asap.

might just be a passing glitch, but it could be something more ominous. could be secondary to ischemia, or a nerve problem, such as bell's palsy, as well as other issues.

if you have a parathyroid/pituitary problem, it could result in hypocalcemia and cause tingling around the mouth, and sometimes fingers.
you can try tapping around the cheekbone area with your finger: if your mouth/cheek twitches toward the tap, you have a positive chvostek's sign--and hypocalcemia. get to the ER stat.

in a nutshell: go see a doc!

Bob

was_jlh

Enlightened

Anyone heard from Jon since late night / early AM?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

just an anxious bump over concern for Jon...

hopefully he is ok.

Bob

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Maybe someone ought to get a welfare check done on Jon.

For those who may not know what a "welfare check" is, it's when police come over to your residence and check on you, to be sure you're alright or if you need to go to the hospital.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened

Friendly bump. Anyone live in Jon's area or have his phone #--welfare check idea sounds like a good idea.