Zebralight H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 Runtimes?

mdmountainman

Newly Enlightened
I am wondering why zebralight doesn't post the runtimes for the H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2?

The
H600w Mk IV 18650 XHP35 Neutral White Headlamp is the close alternatve but it is hard to know which light would be the superior light. I value runtime over the slight increase in lumens and higher CRI so if the runtime is the same then the xhp 50.2 is the obvious choice

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering why zebralight doesn't post the runtimes for the H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2?

The
H600w Mk IV 18650 XHP35 Neutral White Headlamp is the close alternatve but it is hard to know which light would be the superior light. I value runtime over the slight increase in lumens and higher CRI so if the runtime is the same then the xhp 50.2 is the obvious choice

My bet is that the runtimes and outputs are the same as the SC600w MkIV Plus, which are posted. You'll get higher output and better efficiency with the XHP50.2 light compared to the XHP35 light. You don't get longer run-times, though, because the outputs are higher.

If you could make the output the same, you'd get about 20% more runtime with the XHP50.2, at least according to my own run-time comparisons between the two lights.

mdmountainman

Newly Enlightened
My bet is that the runtimes and outputs are the same as the SC600w MkIV Plus, which are posted. You'll get higher output and better efficiency with the XHP50.2 light compared to the XHP35 light. You don't get longer run-times, though, because the outputs are higher.

If you could make the output the same, you'd get about 20% more runtime with the XHP50.2, at least according to my own run-time comparisons between the two lights.

Why would anyone buy the XHP35 without it being discounted?

mdmountainman

Newly Enlightened
The XHP35 gives you a more throwy beam. It's a different kind of light, not an older version of the XHP50.2 light.

If you want flood, then you may as well get one with a 50.2 emitter.

I see the xhp35 has a 12deg hot spot vs. 17deg for the xhp50.2. Both have 80deg spill.
I prefer some throw over a dedicated floody but the 17deg hotspot might be a happy medium.

Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the xhp35 has a 12deg hot spot vs. 17deg for the xhp50.2. Both have 80deg spill.
I prefer some throw over a dedicated floody but the 17deg hotspot might be a happy medium.

Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience?

I have the SC600w Plus which is 16 degrees. It's a lot more floody than the standard 12 degree that a lot of Zebralights use. The 16 degrees is great for a cycling light, which is what I got it for.

Generally, I consider the 12 degree lights to be reasonably floody. They don't throw far, but they're good for modest distances and nice indoors.

If you want some throw, I wouldn't get the 17 degree light.