out the loop for awhile .whats new best keychain carry aaa?

johndoe03

Newly Enlightened
hey guys ,been out the loop for awhile .whats the current best choice in a aaa keychain light? my fenix ld01 stainless is still going strong but the wifes ultratac k18 has been acting up so might be on the hunt for a new keychain aaa.

hows this new k18 holding up?

ours is just over a year old and i had to re flow the solder on the + side of the led the other day to bring hers back to life .not sure how this fix will hold up (my soldering skills are strong so thats not my concern here)

i see fenix offers a new ld02 now but do they come in stainless? thats what we like in a keychain carry

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys ,been out the loop for awhile .whats the current best choice in a aaa keychain light? my fenix ld01 stainless is still going strong but the wifes ultratac k18 has been acting up so might be on the hunt for a new keychain aaa.

hows this new k18 holding up?

ours is just over a year old and i had to re flow the solder on the + side of the led the other day to bring hers back to life .not sure how this fix will hold up (my soldering skills are strong so thats not my concern here)

i see fenix offers a new ld02 now but do they come in stainless? thats what we like in a keychain carry

LD02 is not really the same light as its a rear clicky switch but......
The E05 is similar to an LD01 and is offered in SS too!
Much better tint emitter too.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still carry a Fenix L0D... really great usable AAA light. However, it's certainly falling behind the efficiency and lumens game.

I like having strobe, as it has come in handy a few times, but it's really not necessary. I find I get by just fine with 2 modes.

So I really encourage you to check out the Olight i1R EOS. It's a rechargeable keychain light. Very affordable and tremendously nice kit for what is delivered. My only gripe with it is that the twist action can cause a little LED flicker, but you can "work it out" by cleaning contacts. Still, the low and high are terrific. It's astounding how much brightness comes out of this thing that's smaller than an average man's pinky finger.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I believe the LD02 v2.0 is stainless but I think it's a bit larger than the original model and had a UV mode within the regular mode cycle. For some, it fills a niche I'm sure but I wouldn't use it for a keychain light.

Not an AAA but Fenix has the UC02 stainless that is nice.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I've had a Prometheus Beta QR on my keys for a few years now. I've put other lights on the keys along with it, but in the end, the other lights always come off and the Beta stays. It is an amazing little light.

johndoe03

Newly Enlightened
wife kinda spoiled by the high output of this k18 but the k18 killed the battery today just traveling with us during a half day with no use .not sure whats going on now .i do like olight products still have my t25 i been using for years now .
are there any other high output keychain type lights like the k18?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight has I3. Iirc it 2 modes 5 lumens and 180 lumens on alkaline.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had one of these on my key ring for a bit over a year. Very nice little light. Comes on in medium mode, has the Nichia 219 LED, and is made from solid copper which develops a lovely patina over time.

https://countycomm.com/products/copper-maratac-aaa-flashlight-rev-3

I will say though, that it was recently replaced with this single level custom AAA light made by forum member McGizmo. If you want something "special", and don't mind spending a bit, this is an amazing little jewel of a light:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?253425-Standing-wave-of-Sapphire-25-s-GS-and-now-High-CRI

Last edited: