Recommened LiION AA ?

Turbo V6 Camaro

Newly Enlightened
I buy the energizer lithium for my home automation because they last long than any other battery, the Deadbolt locks are a huge drain on the batteries.

im looking at rechargeable AA Li-ION

I search around but i really couldn't find any tests on them here.

Amazon has "[h=1]USB Rechargeable AA Batteries 1500mAh High Capacity "[/h]listed they had good reviews

just double checking before i buy I assume that are china cells witch make me nervous.

parametrek

Enlightened
You do not want any of those. They are all junk compared to normal NiMH low self discharge Eneloops.

Flash Foto

Newly Enlightened
AA Panasonic eneloop PRO !
> eneloop pro AA High Capacity Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries <
Previously called Sanyo eneloop XX in black wrappers.
Low self discharge, highest capacity 2550mAh . And a 500 x recharge life. That is once a week recharge for 10 years if needed ! I use the PRO's instead of 2100 x recharge life of gen 4 normal eneloop 2000mAh.
Amazon 'made in Japan' cells named "AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries" currently shipping in grey wrappers are supposed to be rewrapped eneloop PRO cells with similar capacities and recharging life.
FYI = real eneloop's are never made in China

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Rechargeable AA batteries for consumer devices are Nickel Metal Hydride/NiMH chemistry; they have a bit less voltage than a common alkaline battery but work in almost anything that accepts an AA cell, often lasting longer than the alkaline because they handle higher drain better. These are commonly found on store shelves as Eneloops or generically rechargeable batteries.

Li-Ion/Lithium Ion chemistry batteries are not for replacing regular batteries in consumer devices; they have much more voltage than a common alkaline battery and will destroy almost anything that accepts an AA cell. These are usually not found at stores and have to be ordered through hobbyist retailers.

For your application, something with a high drain that burns through batteries quickly, you are right to look for a rechargeable cell option; any commonly available NiMH battery will work well for you. You want to stick to proven, name-brand cells from Eneloop or Amazon Basics so that you know what you're getting. The Eneloop or Amazon bright labels are the regular rechargeable batteries that will give you the most cycles/long-term battery life, the Eneloop Pro/Amazon dark labels will provide longer life per charge but won't last as many cycles/lifetime.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I'd stay away from any AA/AAA with USB charging, the cells just don't have the size or capacity to effectively utilize a charging port.

Eneloop or Fujitsu are recommended.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the only reason to buy those 1.5v lithium-ion AA batteries is if you need very flat voltage regulation. They are essentially a small lithium-ion cell, packaged with a buck regulator (to get down to 1.5v), and a USB port for recharging. But they have very little energy in them compared to what you get from a "normal" NiMH AA rechargeable cell.

Just buy Eneloops.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Efest IMR14500 650MAH (Purple)

If you're actually looking for high output starting at 4.2 volts. They are AA size, but not replacement electrically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

satelite

Newly Enlightened
If you have ikea near your location buy ikea Laddas with white wrap. They are same cells than eneloop pro but much cheaper. (capacity is told differently but they are same cells)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have ikea near your location buy ikea Laddas with white wrap. They are same cells than eneloop pro but much cheaper. (capacity is told differently but they are same cells)

Testing indicates they're not actually the same cells. They're close, but QC is not as good as Eneloop. Perhaps they are from the same manufacturing line, but are cells that are seconds or have lower quality.

But given they are a lot cheaper, they're probably a better deal.