Pic request E1e with PR-T vs. Mc L1Pr-T

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody post a pic side by side of this two lights? How long is the Mc-L1-PR-T?

Thanks!
AlexGT

McGizmo

Flashaholic
For fresh background, how do you like these banannas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PR-T-bannanas.jpg

Overall length of the L1-PR-T when locked out is 5". Hope this helps. Please ignore the black Z57 on the E1e body. Like the banannas, these are just part of my imagination; Maui will do that to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beauty of a photo, Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

McGizmo

Flashaholic
UFO,

How? It's easy! SF doesn't make a black Z57 and since this is *my* fantasy, the Z57 isn't a clickie any more either; it is a two stage LOTC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif These are *my* versions of a L1 and L2.

Thanks Britt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Don, I don't doubt the bananas are beautiful at Maui, but if I saw your pict, it should be better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe the sun from Maui burn the photo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Are those bananas really THAT yellow? I mean, they are looking so much better than those we are eating here .... in fact, those tasty looking bananas make me drool more than this black Z57 ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

kj

Enlightened
Don,

Is the PR-T on the E1e anodized as Natural HA? If yes, is that from the new batch or something special? It seems the color is very dark (and nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) in comparison to the previous batch.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Those are known as "apple bananas", very popular here and with a slightly tart edge to their taste. Much smaller too so you can eat a ton of'em before you get full.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for that flared tailcap with the two-stage switch that can be stood up candle style. The one Don and Jollyroger brainstormed a few weeks back.

Britt

McGizmo

Flashaholic
kj,

The heads are HA black but you know how light plays with HA (of any flavor really).

Charlie,

My friends here call them Chineese bannanas; same thing? I bought a big bunch from a guy on the North Shore 30 years ago and it turned out they were "cooking" bannanas. Yuck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Bernhard,

Yes, these are that yellow and they are so ripe that they were falling off. Quite tasty!

I reckon AlexGT got more than he bargained for on this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much Mcgizmo!, very nice photo indeed. Have you been taking classes from AluminumOvercast lately? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Ps. Don't eat too much of that stuff, unpleaseant things can happen, if you know what I mean.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep up the great work,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Alex

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Alex,

On my first visit to Hawaii in '69 (very low budget surfing trip to the North Shore of Oahu), I ate a whole coconut one day. I awoke in my sleeping bag in the midle of the night with a strong need to "break wind" or so it felt. Graphics aside, I more than filled the sleeping bag with "bad air". I was out side hosing down the sleeping bag at 3 in the AM and spent the next 2 days within close reach of the porcelean deposit center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I heed your advise!!!

As to being a student of Shelby's, I'm not worthy of the master's time! I do have fun though, looking at things from a somewhat "different" perspective. I have added some shots to PK's site while on Maui HERE .

Kiessling

Flashaholic
you should do more of this stuff, Don !
definitely some of the best photos around !
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I thought it was a paradise on Maui ... untill I saw that yellow spider /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
ok ... no Maui for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif
bernhard

that one ... it is not from this world ...
turtle-3-8.jpg

TheFire

Enlightened
Don: Any idea what those spiders are called? We had them in Yap too, but I never got around to asking...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
TheFire,

Looks like Alex nailed your question down! I think the locals call these cane spiders but perhaps Charlie or one of the other Hawaiian residents can set it straight. These are rather abundent but harmless. Now those dang centipedes are another story! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
So, Don, how do you get those critters to stay put on your lights while you photograph them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheFire

Enlightened
Thanks Alex, that's quite helpful! I didn't know they came in so many varieties, but was struck by the fairly large size and odd way of holding two legs together.

bwcaw: I don't know how Don does it, but I've always found that a short sojourn in the refrigerator works wonders on reptiles and insects...

Paul