Replacement Bulbs for Ford Fusion

I FLY

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I drive a 2013 Ford Fusion and have decided to replace both the high (H7) and low (H11) beams. I live in Oklahoma, and do both city and rural driving. I do want a good quality bulb but also something economical.

From what I've read here, it seems like the Phillips XtraVision +100 as a good (best?) replacment for my low beams, but what about for the high beams? The GE Nighthawk Xenon? I see Phillips XtremeVison +130 bulbs advertised online, but I'm afraid of their authenticity.

Is what I'm thinking the best route? What about the Phillips Vision Plus for my low beams and the XtraVision for my high beams? I'm thinking it may not be that much of a difference from my first thought.

Which leads me to another question, is it best practice to replace low beams with one level of bulb (+60, +100) and highs with the next level (+130, +100)?

Unfortunately it's also difficult to replace the headlamps on the Fusion, as you have to remove the whole front fascia to access the bulbs, so what would be a good place to have these bulbs installed? I don't have an independent mechanic or shop.

And Alaric, I've always wanted to know, is your Stillwater, America by chance Oklahoma's Stillwater?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
An H9 is your best bet in the low beams. Roughly same (relatively shorter than the original LL H11) life as any of the +80/90/100/120/130 H11s, and more light, for less money. Just use any major-brand H9 bulb (Sylvania/Osram, Philips, Vosla, GE/Tungsram) with uncolored, clear glass. For the high beams, go hit Dan Stern for a pair of 65w H7s, an H9 burner on an H7 base. Better performance and longer life than an H7 "+".

Make very sure the headlamp lenses are un-hazed, and have the headlamps aimed correctly, with an optical aiming machine (not a shine-at-wall method), no matter what bulbs you use.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drive a 2013 Ford Fusion
Make very sure the headlamp lenses are un-hazed
-Virgil-'s saying that because that 2013 may have been on the road since 2012-- 7 years in the Oklahoma sun and heat (especially if you don't have a garage) can really do a number on your headlamps. If they're in poor condition only genuine Ford replacement lamp assemblies will do.

And Alaric, I've always wanted to know, is your Stillwater, America by chance Oklahoma's Stillwater?
Go Pokes! But don't go to Joe's for anything but the cheese fries or maybe the West Street Fowl Thing.

Last edited: