Official CPF Mustard Thread!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
We have the hot sauce thread, what about mustards?

All the different mustards hot, spicy sweet and spicy British, French, American mustards, and others?

All I know about mustard is when I go to Puerto Rico, the locals speak perfect English, and I would give $50.00 for a jar of French's they don't seem to have mustard there.

I am confident I have come to the right place, what say you!

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale Mustard; I'll pick up one of these anywhere they're available, not much heat, some sweet, but character for days, a very unique flavor that really stands out and isn't like any other mustard. Makes a plain chicken breast a meal in itself, highly recommended.

EL1XyND.jpg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

luv mustard!

For a quick sauce,, blend 1 part Dijon w/ 2 parts Taco Bell hot sauce for a dipping sauce.
Although it's not small batch craft mustard,, the flavors compliment each other and the balance is great.

Really, you can take Dijon and blend it w/ anything you like.... hot sauces, any and all sauces really, fruit preserves, honey, dressings ect..
I'm slightly obsessive on blending foods & flavors.;)

In food, you can::

1. compliment flavors
2. contrast flavors
3. conflict flavors

.. don't conflict

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always forget mustard. As long as there is no sugar or vegetable oil (soy, canola, cotton-seed) in the ingredients.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I enjoy the sweet hot as well I just can't seem to find it in my local grocers as often. Have to order it most of the time. Of course I live in the woods in coal country so that never helps haha