L6 size vs output

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Is the 65 lumen output of the L6 too low to justify its size? Does the ouptut "seem" like more than 65 lumens. I have a L4 and it is great, but I want to pick up another Surefire LED light with a grip ring and more throw. I like the L5 but if I go with a L6 I can swap bezels with my M962C, which has the new crenelated bezel and then have more options to choose from: M3, L6, M962 with KL6 bezel, etc. What are the opinions on the output of the L6? I have seen the beamshots, but they are not conclusive to me. Thanks.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
I've got both a L4 and an L6.

The beamshot pictures are quite descriptive, IMHO -- you will find a great difference in beam pattern and throw between the L4 and the L6.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In essence, they're two completely different lights.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to compare the L4 and the L6 because the former is a flood and the latter is a thrower. But to my eye, the L6 is way brighter.

My L6 is way brighter than my SL TL3 LED, which is rated at 90 lumens and is also a thrower.

Darell

Flashaholic
You likely get more "light density" with the L4, but the L4 is a beautiful thing regardless of the size/output ratio. The beam quality is about ideal in my book. Perfect angle, perfect transition from hotspot to corona. It is my go-to light when I need to find something at a distance.

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
You likely get more "light density" with the L4, but the L4 is a beautiful thing regardless of the size/output ratio. The beam quality is about ideal in my book. Perfect angle, perfect transition from hotspot to corona. It is my go-to light when I need to find something at a distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the L6?