Newbie LSH vs. KL-1/TL-2 Led question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I'm considering an LSH-P or an LSHF-P and am wondering how they compare with the KL-1 (on E2e)and TL-2LED. I have both but like what I've read about the LS. I recently purchased the Arc AAA and love the looks and construction. I find I use it more than the bigger lights simply because I always have it with me. thanks

Stuart

jtice

Flashaholic
The LSs are EXCELLENT lights.

The LSH is a good bit brighter than the KL1, and chances are, alot whiter.
An Arc LSH-P will be alot whiter.

I suggest getting an Arc LS, and then getting a dimmer mod from Gadget.
You then loosen the tail alittle for dim, and tighten it down the rest of the way for full brightness.
The clickie kroll will work as normal.

Makes a very versitile and usable light.

The LSH-P has a tighter hotspot, but also alot of spill light, the LSHF-P has a larger brighter hotspot, but not reallt any spill light.
If your main concern is throw, get the LSHF-P, but if you plan to use it for close to medium range stuff also, get the LSH-P.

Empedocles

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to second what's written above.

I have the KL1, 2 LSLs, and my trusty LSH-P.

My LSLs seem about as bright as the KL1, but the tint is more blue than greenish (KL1). My LSH-P is tasty-white, and very bright.

IMHO, the Arc4 blows them all away. Mine's in for repair/replacement, and I miss it dearly.

In general, I feel that the LS light w/ a twisty switch is so much more elegant than the E1 or E2 that it's not even fair to compare the SF lights to it. The SF lights are rugged and high quality, but their design is, again IMO, bulky and brutish. Kind of like what I'd expect a Soviet-made flashlight to look like. I won't deny that there's a certain appeal to this look, but I want my EDC to be as unobtrusive as possible. A "gentleman's light" if you will.

The Arc4 is a little bulkier than the LS, but its quality, features, and beam more than make up for it. Do what all the other crazies here do: BUY THEM BOTH!! ; - )

simbad

Enlightened
EDC lights must be small and usefull, who finds that target I think wins the race, that happened with the ARC's, I don't imagine carrying a five inches light, being a five watt Luxeon Led or not in my pocket,because becomes very uncomfortable, it is a balance, anyway a can carry a Vulcan in my bag....but...

richpalm

Banned
No comparison!! Get an LSH-P, without the Fraen if you need the sidespill. I had the Fraen and traded it off-with my shot night vision, without the sidespill, I almost went arse-over-head in the house a couple times so the Fraen is not for me.

They are nice and white and the KL1, while being a good unit, has a low dome and mine was horribly purple. (Did I say I hate greenies and purplies?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

(I finally stopped at 6 ARC LS's) I'd like to see Peter not discontinue it-it is the most-used light I have. I modded my EDC one with a McFlood-nice beautiful even flood for close tasks and I cherish it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bear in mind that if you get an LSL, it is subject to the LD greenie/purple syndrome. I had to mod mine-was a bad greenie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

OT: If you settle for something like a TL2, (buy 'em both!) do yourself a favor and get the Pelican M6 LED instead. THAT is a winner. I'm crazy about mine.

Rich

stuart

Newly Enlightened
I decided to order an LS second before taking the $150 plunge for the LSH-P or the LSHF-P. Recieved it a few days ago. Its an LHS-S #1009. I'm extremely impressed. Well worth $50. Much whiter than my KL-1. Makes my KL-1 pretty much obsolete in my opinion. The TL-2 Led does throw a bit more but not enough to make much difference. Having played with the LS standard now for a few days I can't imagine how great the "P" model or even the ARC 4 must be. I'm hooked. Thanks everyone for the help. I think I may save for the non-fraen "p" or the Arc 4. My only regret is that I forgot to order the $5 AA tube.

simbad

Enlightened
I own a LSHF-P and I am very happy with it, has a very tight focus but with some sidespill to see around you, like steps and things at your sides, very white but not a spot, there is not a big difference comparing it with a 4+.
The ARC 4 has the 16 levels that makes it very versatile

Status
Not open for further replies.