Pila Lamp in a 6P?

John Frederick

Enlightened
Has anyone tried the 3.7v Pila lamp in a SF 6P using the Pila 168S? I'm curious about how well the lamp fits, how good the beam is, and what the run time is. A search didn't yield much. Thanks.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works very good.
A slightly wider beam, fits perfect but you need a pila spring but these are free. Runtime is 45-50 minutes off the top of my head at 80 lumens.

John Frederick

Enlightened
Jon, if I want to run a pair of 150S in a 9P should I buy the 9V Pila lamp? I have a P91 in it right now. Will 2 150S run a P91?

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
I have once tested the 3,7V LA in a 6P and for me it was less than sufficiant. I have heard that those LA *should* have a better beam pattern now, but I have no confirmation on that.
Here's a beamshot to my office's ceiling, judge yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Pila_Beam1.jpg

(no need to use those ugly LA anymore, get yourself a L4 or L5 and fire it with the excellent PILA 168S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Holger

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Pila lamp is just as good as the P60 Surefire lamps in terms of output. If you want better performance, ream out the inside of the 6P and use the 168A Pilas. The 3.7V lamp draws over 2A and using higher capacity cells will lessen the voltage sag and give you a slightly brighter beam and longer runtime. Highly recommended.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several PILA 3.7v lamps. The first generation was polished and had a nice beam but it wasn't as perfect as the surefire. The second generation had a matte finish and was much better. The newest ones have an orange peal finish and the beam is incredibly smooth. I prefer them over the P60 lamps as they have a larger side spill