Rev2 Arc 4+ vs Arc 4x ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldeng95

Enlightened
Just asking which one is brighter, also I heard a reference that the 4x is bigger. Where can u get the 4x; and how much? My Arc 4 second is a little green, but strangely My modded LS 200 to 400ma is just as bright and bettter tint. Is my Arc 4 second a bad batch??
Just asking for opinions
thanks PAUL

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a post by Mr. Gransee himself here.
[ QUOTE ]
CY: I haven't made any Xs for a while. But when I get them, I check them over pretty good. Right now I set them for 46+ lumens. The Xs are not brightness calibrated, I try to get the most out of them without exceeding 1.25 amps at 3 volts. Even so, all the X's I have made so far are within a few lumens of each other in brightness. I assume the same factors that are making the +s more efficient will do the same for the Xs and the Xs will get 10% brighter as well. I will have to wait an see on that one.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is a difference in the physical appearance.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
oldeng95 said:
Just asking which one is brighter, also I heard a reference that the 4x is bigger. Where can u get the 4x; and how much? My Arc 4 second is a little green, but strangely My modded LS 200 to 400ma is just as bright and bettter tint. Is my Arc 4 second a bad batch??
Just asking for opinions
thanks PAUL

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually a second is called that because something keeps from being a first. Brightness and tint could very well be the reason it's a second.

4x's are extremely rare and more will be made but in very limited quantities directly from Arc. They are quite expensive too.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to drop a line to This_Is_Nascar. From what i've heard, he had paid a pretty penny for each of his 4X's. That's right...he has more than one, and i don't think he's willing to sell any of them.

It sure would be nice to have one of those. Hopefully more efficient luxeons will become more available in the future, so that all Arcs can reach ~46 lumens.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There is no physical difference between the Arc4+ and the Arc4x as far size, shape, etc. In the off position, you can't tell the difference between the two. Now when you turn them on, your're talking a different story now.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The optimist will say: the difference is brightness!
The pessimist will say: the difference is runtime!

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
The optimist will say: the difference is brightness!
The pessimist will say: the difference is runtime!

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole reason it's a 4x is because it has a SUPER efficient LED right? So I don't think you're sacrificing ANY runtime for the extra brightness. Best of BOTH worlds!

-Smono

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KingSmono said:
The whole reason it's a 4x is because it has a SUPER efficient LED right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have an Arc4x, but what I've read in PG's posts,
the Arc4 and the Arc4+ have all the same brightness, as this is what they are adjusted to. So the Arc4+ gives longer runtime.
And the Arc4x is adjusted to higher power level (was it about twice the LED power?), so it has shorter run time as an Arc4+.
Although, the range for the Arc4+ makes differences possible. But if you are lucky and get one of the better Arc4+s, you have the same good LED in it as the Arc4x.

If you compare an Arc4+ which just made it to be one (that means taking 1.24A at 3V and brighest level), the Arc4x will be better in efficiency (at the same brighness level)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
[ QUOTE ]
KingSmono said:
The whole reason it's a 4x is because it has a SUPER efficient LED right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have an Arc4x, but what I've read in PG's posts,
the Arc4 and the Arc4+ have all the same brightness, as this is what they are adjusted to. So the Arc4+ gives longer runtime.
And the Arc4x is adjusted to higher power level (was it about twice the LED power?), so it has shorter run time as an Arc4+.
Although, the range for the Arc4+ makes differences possible. But if you are lucky and get one of the better Arc4+s, you have the same good LED in it as the Arc4x.

If you compare an Arc4+ which just made it to be one (that means taking 1.24A at 3V and brighest level), the Arc4x will be better in efficiency (at the same brighness level)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Arc4x IS brighter than a normal Arc4+. I have not held an Arc4+ that is brighter than either of the X's that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.