Two new mods. Yes, pictures included.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first mod is of a cheap China made flashlight that my wife got free in the mail. It uses 3AA batteries in an aluminum tube with a push button switch. It originally came with 3 5mm LEDs that were very dim. When on, this light had the same output as one of my single 5mm LED lights. I took it apart, put in an aluminum disk for a heat sink, put on a 3 watt LED, and drove it direct from the 3AA batteries. Needless to say, the improvement is MUCH better. I used a cut down AA Maglight reflector for focusing.

AL3AAFront.sized.jpg

Next, I had a spare Arc AAA LE head, and a once moddified Mag Solitar body, and made what I call the IS180. That stands for Improved Solitar, and the 180 part is because the light source comes from the opposite end of the tube as it does from the factory.

IS180Front.sized.jpg

Here's the back end and my easy fix for plugging the hole while allowing negative connection.

IS180Back.jpg

Simple mods, but mods none the less. I hope you enjoyed viewing them.

balrog

Enlightened
Re: New Mods. AL3AA and IS180.

Sure did enjoy viewing 'em. The AL3AA looks like it has hot air vents to keep it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Mods. AL3AA and IS180.

Wow! Two reply posts from Australia! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's kinda cool!

balrog, the 'vents' are just indents that are painted black to look like vents. The light is cheap and I think it has an issue with the switch. The light flickers a little, especially if I barely touch the switch while it's on. Looks good though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neg2LED, thanks! It just looks so cute in that Flashlight Friend. And the Arc AAA LE head looks good on the purple body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif