Is EVERYTHING on back order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanna order a Arc AAA soon, but if I pay with money order, they'll send when they make one for me, right? (2 weeks)

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I know you're thinking about a premium, but I think I saw mut selling an Arc AAA right now.

daloosh

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are AAA premiums and AA's in stock. If you hit "add to cart" They both show "in stock". No AAA standards though.

nirad

Enlightened
Merri said my AAA-P should be shipped this week. I called her last week to order one, though the website incorrectly showed them in stock. She also told me there would be a batch of LS (last run) available late July.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked about the 2 weeks versus in-stock business.
I was told that they had to show as in-stock in the
Yahoo store so that you could order them. But they
really are on back order.

I'm 1.5 weeks through my 2 week wait for an AAA premium.

Greg

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap. I finally sent my AAA-P in because I thought they were in stock...

nirad

Enlightened
AFAIK that is true. She said something about waiting on a batch of circuit boards to complete the run. The ARC 4 is the replacement for the LS series.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
g_i_c, I don't get how they have to show in stock to order them if they aren't in stock. I've ordered a few times when it said that the AAA's or AA's were backordered 5-6 weeks and as long as it said that they were in stock when you added them to your cart, I've got them in a couple days. If they aren't in stock it won't let you order. Maybe they changed something lately, but why then does the AAA standard show not in stock when you try to order? Ok, now I'm rambling.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one two weeks ago. Yahoo said it was in stock. Although they are not listed in stock now, I did check again a few days after the initial order and it said they were still in stock. I'm a little peeved as it was to be a birthday gift that has since passed. I know they've had their problems but if they said it was in stock then I expected it to be in stock.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you order geepondy?

Most of our products have/had notes on the website saying they are backordered.

Peter

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter, I ordered a single Arc AAA on June 3, order number flashlight-7884. Yahoo says it is on hold. As mentioned, it was stated to be in stock at the time of order.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
On June 3rd, our website said the AAA was back ordered for 4-5 weeks. It said this in several places. It now says that the back order is 2 weeks. This is in bold text right above the order button.

We will fill your order as soon as possible.

Peter

McShawn

Enlightened
I have been waiting for a long time for the return of my ARC AAA, I sent it in to be fixed, almost two months ago. I got lost in the shuffle some how, they returned my arc4 but forgot my AAA, now I have been stuck on the back order with you all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I agree that it did however a few days before that (a week or two maybe?), yahoo showed some to be in quantity while the previous several days or weeks before that date, yahoo had shown 0 in quantity. I alerted my friend who had been waiting for sales to open up that yahoo was showing stock in quantity and he ordered an Arc AAA and it was shipped out the very same day. Then shortly after that, less then a day, yahoo again showed 0 in quantity and that continued for the next several days. When I saw that yahoo was accepting orders and showing stock again, I had assumed that they were back in stock and immediatley placed my order. Your Yahoo sales page didn't say they were backordered, they said they were in stock. I think it's very confusing and misleading when it says they are in stock but in reality they might be or might not be.

Also and please correct me if I'm wrong but when you were accepting and shipping orders for the ArcAAA for that brief period of time in May, didn't your website still state that they were backordered?

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
On June 3rd, our website said the AAA was back ordered for 4-5 weeks. It said this in several places. It now says that the back order is 2 weeks. This is in bold text right above the order button.

We will fill your order as soon as possible.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

rdshores

Enlightened
Here is my experience with recently ordering an ARC. The website said they were back-ordered for 5 weeks, but I read here on CPF that they were accepting orders, so I filled out the order...figuring I'd at least get in line. Here is the emial of my order:

This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from Arc Flashlight, LLC.

Your order will remain in a "hold" status until it ships. Then you will receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number if applicable. "Hold" does not always mean the product is out of stock. It normally takes us three business days to ship an order in stock.

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
*************[/email] (emailed)
Via FedEx 3-day Express (US Domestic only) $5
Payment Visa

Name Code Qty Each Options
--------------------------------------------
Arc-AAA AWS-NAT 1 24.95
Subtotal 24.95
Shipping 5.00
Tax 0.00
Total 29.95

Thanks for offering to rate us. You will get another email in 2 weeks
with a rating form.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rdshores. I got the exact same email. Hey I don't know if it's a wise thing to post your address along with phone number on a web public forum so you might want to consider editing out your personal information. But as a coincidence, I grew up in Lunenburg VT, maybe 25 or 30 miles away and usually hit the Kingdom trails in East Burke once or twice a summer for mountain biking.

rdshores

Enlightened
geepondy....
Thanks for the suggestion..I took out personal info...I lived in East Burke from 1992 to 1999. Nice area around Burke Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.