What is your favorite kind of beer?

capnal

Enlightened
Too many choices!
Let's see, house beer, just en-mass quantity is usually Pabst Blue Ribbon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Special added flavors (treat beers) include mostly Texas beers: stuff by Shiner, stuff by St. Arnold (try the Lawnmower!), Fat Tire, Sam Adams varieties.

For March I usually get a case of Guinness bottles, of which I think I have like 12 left as of now!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite beer is the one I happen to be holding at that time!

Seriously, though, I'm a huge fan of Belgian beers. I went on a 2 week trip with a group from our local homebrewing club a few years ago just to visit breweries and cafe's. My favorite beers would have to be Orval (at 13 months old) and Saison Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux. At least they are today!

HunterSon

Enlightened
OPB!
......(Other People's Beer!)

Then Guinness and Labatt Blue.
Local beer brewed here is good too. Must be the water.
We have lakes that can be bottled unprocessed, the water is so pure.
(Exaggeration of course, but you get the idea.)
Check out this local product: www.icebergwater.com

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Scottish ancestry, so I have to agree with markdi.

But I love Guinness, and I quite like James Squire Amber Ale (it's an Aussie beer).

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Why do the Britts drink their beer at room temperature?- Lucas refrigerators. (whoops- wrong thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Frame57

Newly Enlightened
We don't drink our beer at 'room temperature' proper bitter or ale (beer) is served at 55 F (12 C). British bitters and ales are made from top fermenting yeasts that work best at this temperature. Most of the rest of the world drinks Lager type beer which use bottom fermenting yeasts and work better at lower temperatures. Also, British bitters and Ales are very individual, each different one has a unique aroma and flavor unlike lager, that would be lost if served too cold. Interestingly bitters and ales are served at the same temperature as a good red wine.

IMHO most mass market American beers are flavorless, watery and very gassy.

My favorites, Hogsback Traditional English Ale (TEA), Fullers London Pride, and Fullers ESB.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know what kind it is but every time a friend of mine wants me to work on something (or when he wants to get away from his wife) for him he brings over this strong dark stuff he buy's at trader joes
it comes in 24 ounce bottles 3 or 4 bucks a bottle.
the first bottle does not taste good but the ones after that
do.

this guy is 21,000 dolars in credit card debt has 2 young kids and a wife that will not work and he drinks expensive beer.

his kids are nice they play my home theatre loud enough to kill any flying insects in the room
some disney movies really have good sound tracks