What is your favorite kind of beer?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoegaarden for the wife, or maybe Blue Moon, but I get thirsty for a nice cask conditioned ale. Only one or two places to get it around here, one of which never has, and never will, serve Bud. Part of the fun is seeing if the bartender knows how to pull a pint.

Just a suggestion, but why not take a look at All About Beer magazine?

- (a different) Craig

matt_j

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wasabe64 said:
Guiness
Dragon Stout

[/ QUOTE ]

Youa re the first person i've met that likes Dragon Stout... Unless we are not talkign about the same thing... Brown bottle, yellow/red label?

Matt

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally drink Bass if it's available wherever I am. I also really enjoy WARSTEINER Premium Dunkel which is this dark german beer that is just really good. Wonderful flavor and a real clean delivery. A lot of similar beers I've tasted have a slightly rusty or rotten flavor that really ruins it for me.

I also like Guinness, but it's more of a meal than just a drink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
My favorite beer is probably Harp. Close seconds would be Shiner Bock, Ziegen Bock, any Sam Adams. Love Guinness! Pyramid Apricot Ale and Celis Raspberry are great for fruity beers. For light watery summer beers, Rolling Rock, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Olympia, Miller High Life. Anything cheap and watered down tastes great when it is 105 in the shade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, Pabst makes an excellent 50:50 ratio mix with ice cold lemonade.

The only beer I will not, under any circumstances, consume is Heineken. Tastes like formaldehyde.

Spudman

Enlightened
Sierra Nevada IPA, except for that one time when I drank too much of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

capnal

Enlightened
I tried a pretty good one last night, Abita Louisiana Red Ale. Pretty good stuff.

I forgot to mention another of my favorites is Red Stripe. But has to ice freakin cold. Like crack your teeth type cold...

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Empath, root beer. I tried to start drinking beer, I really did. One New Years a couple of years ago I brought home a six pack (bottles) of Guiness and Killian's Irish Red (I've tried other beer on occasion too), and it was all I could do to drink one without puking. The stuff tastes like crap to me. Of course my friend's say its not about the taste, once you drink three or four, the taste starts to not matter. No thanks. I'll stick to IBC root beer, thank you very much.

-Keith

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Root

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!

A&W, Hires, whatever.

i love to test the homebrew stuff. there is a sandwich shoppe in South Lyon that makes some great homebrew.

edited to add: Michelob would be my favorite "real" beer.
smooth and not bitter. kinda wimpy for some.

Bob

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
At home I drink Abita Amber, in Windham New York at Jimmy O'Connors I drink Murphys, and elsewhere if it's available I like to drink Harp or Guiness on tap. I like to go to those places with hundreds of beer selections and get something different every time to sample. I also like going to local microbreweries and getting their freshly made beer.

Samoan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight_widow said:
My favorite beer is probably Harp. Close seconds would be Shiner Bock, Ziegen Bock, any Sam Adams. Love Guinness! Pyramid Apricot Ale and Celis Raspberry are great for fruity beers. For light watery summer beers, Rolling Rock, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Olympia, Miller High Life. Anything cheap and watered down tastes great when it is 105 in the shade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, Pabst makes an excellent 50:50 ratio mix with ice cold lemonade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colbeer hot days! Last night after playing softball in 100-degree heat those ice cold Mille Lights tasted GREAT. Softball and Golf are the only times I can handle light beer. In general I am a big fan of guinness. We used to be able to get this stuff called Solsun Wheat back home. Sooooo good.

-F

Latest posts