2 Shots with AtlasNova's green laser...

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
2 Shots with AtlasNova\'s green laser...

Below are two quickie images of my new green laser from AtlasNova.

A couple of thoughts about it so far.

The beam isn't very visible in normal daylight or a room with lightly filtered daylight. However, at night, most any room delivers a clearly visible, sharp beam. The "spot" is tight but the washout from the where the beam strikes is unusually bright for someone who has only before owned cheaper, red lasers. I like this thing a lot though I wish someone would make these darn things with pocket clips or keyrings. I really don't carry them like that.

Overall, the pen is nicely finished in a pearly rich, black coating. Even the pocket clip is stealthily clad in black. I like the fact AN offers a drop-in pressure switch. It was a surprise to this neophyte however that you have the tape ove or otherwise close the momentary switch for the add-on pressure switch to work. I guess we all learn something new every day.

This thing was steal for the price offered and given that I bought a cheap version I have to admit I cannot imagine how much brighter one of the more expensive versions might be. I'm almost tempted, almost...

My thanks to AtlasNova for a nice value.

Enjoy!

Click here for image
Edit: Wide image changed to a link to limit scrolling - Empath

atlasnovagreenlaserbeamshot.JPG

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Re: 2 Shots with AtlasNova\'s green laser...

Welcome to CPF. Even though I have NO objections to sexual and revealing images on forums, the admins will tell you to remove it. So take my advice. Modify your post, please, or at least crop the bottom half of the picture.

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
No models were hurt in the creation of this post..

Actually, I hadn't even considered that concept, apologies in advance if such an is offensive. Now, you might ask yourself why I didn't consider this possibility? It's a mannikin. A very anatomically incorrect at that. Plastic. I just happened to use it as the target as opposed to the books on the shelf next to it.

Anyway, apologies if this violates some rule.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Re: No models were hurt in the creation of this post..

Lol, dude I don't care that you shot your laser at a bottomless mannequin. I seriously don't care and I personally don't find it offensive at all. I'm just saying that the mods won't tolerate it as well as me.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: No models were hurt in the creation of this po

How about you just put some pants on her?

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened

I don't think anyone's going to get offended by a naked mannequin, you see them in shop windows all the time! Drawing pants on her would be fun though!

hungryforlasers

Enlightened

Welcome to CPF! I really like the quality and sharpness in the first picture but you should resize it because I hate having to scroll right and left to see the rest of a sentence.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: the atlasnova laser

no-one is truly naked who holds a flashlight, or has one (or a laser) shown upon them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This particular moderator is secure enough in his sexuality that he does not find department store mannequins troubling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I saw better than that walking past the intimate apparel section in Walmart this afternoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and the laser is really cool too!

Uisgdlyast

Newly Enlightened

great, i just purchased one from him, great deal too, although i'm sure i'll get some crap for spending that much money on just a "laser pointer"

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened

LfL, yes mine was the cheapest sort, the one advertised as 5mw. Though it came with a post-it note attached to it claiming 7.something. I have to say, it's pretty impressive for a little bit of cash. I like it. A great deal and a fun toy.

7 is nothing, if u want real power, astlasnova is old news. i give u a 18mw for 130, compared to his "7" at 79

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened

astlasnova's lasers arn't modified, they come like that from the manufacturer, as far as I understand theyre the pick of 1000's of lasers he tests. He has manufacturer status because he gets through so many. They don't draw any more current than a 5mw laser and don't risk a short life. I personally think that makes them worth more than a modified laser.

Hi,
I've been to Leadlight (not too brag too much about a simple visit), and I've seen the process from the beginning to end on how they make, then QC, then pack the lasers. They can make the lasers at any power they want, but for the US market, they make sure after the diode is assembled with the lens and all, that the power is 5mW or 4mW (they write this down on a spreadsheet type of paper), then they put it in the housing, and they put in the batteries, and test it again to make sure the power is 4-5, they mark this down on the same paper. Then they ship it out. They cannot make it higher than 5mW b/c they are afraid the FDA will pull their license. So, for Astlasnova, and Abeland, just b/c the power is higher than 5mW, and its been completely untouched, It does not mean the laser is of higher quality than any other 5mW one.There must have been a serious screwup in the QC area of Leadlight if u get a 18mw, and it was all supposed to be 5mW, it does not mean the laser is much better than the others.

TTaz

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
wickedlasers_com said:
i give u a 18mw for 130, compared to his "7" at 79

[/ QUOTE ]

on your website I can see :
5mW WICKED Forensic Green Laser ($79) + Modification to 15mW ($105) ==> $184.00 USD
5mW WICKED Forensic Green Laser ($79) + Modification to 20mW ($140) ==> $219.00 USD

for $144.00 USD we can have only a 10mW... so... stop saying crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif you don't even have an offer at $130

I don't know Arnold's pricing because he didn't gave me access to it (yet?)... but I've heard of 10mW at about $130
15mW at about $180.00 etc... and Arnold is kind enough to offer far better power output, as I've seen in CPF threads

Uisgdlyast

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
wickedlasers.com says:
All photos taken using a 5mW only, Imagine what it would look like @ 25mW and 45mW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures dont look anything like a 5mW beam though, they look more like a 45mW beam would.

Also are you the guy on ebay who had those second chance things mess up and wouldnt let me buy that green laser pointer for under 30$? i almost cried when i saw that my Paypal payment had been refunded.

No offense but atleast AtlasNovas pics look realistic

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Uisgdlyast said:
Those pictures dont look anything like a 5mW beam though, they look more like a 45mW beam would.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
They look very much like the 5mWs from Z-Bolt.

EDIT: I meant the pics in his posts here.
I hadn't yet seen his website pics.

Hi, remember the camera, even if it take a photo at 1/200th of a second, thats all the light in 1/200th of a second, these photos were taken from a customer of mine who was using a leadlight 5mW unmodified laser. And the 130$ deal is for this forum only.

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened

wow...well yeah those pictures you have, a lot of them are being used by lots of people by ebay. unless they are ALL you, then yeah. like theres apriotscrub and aussielaser or something. and those pictures...no way they are unmodified 5mW, i have a laser from Z-Bolt and it looks nothing like that. you have a picture of the beam in BRIGHT LIGHT...and the beam is incredibly visible, which is wrong...