Showering with a light?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Recently my power was off during a horrible storm.Like any good CPF member I have plenty of lights for just this purpose and realized I could last for some time without lights or power.I had to get ready for work however and took a shower with my trusty ARC AAA and for some reason wanted to do it again the next day and I had my power on then...weird.
I have heard of some doing this for fun but what is it that attracts us CPFers to the shower and lights...kind of made me feel like a weirdo for a second..haha

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
I hate showering under bright lights (and no, I'm not that ugly), so I have enjoyed taking showers under the amusing light show of an Arc AAA RGB.

Just enough light to see what I'm doing, and the relaxing and soothing atmosphere I crave under the nozzle.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the need to expand all my used batteries that was drained from my incandescents, and what better ways to do it but load it into my E1e + KL1 combo and burn them one by one during my shower. I tried it once and got hooked on. Now my family see me as crazy but who cares???

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used an EternaLight EliteMax for showering without the lights on, and it works very well. With the neck lanyard it can be hung from the shower head, and it works great on the dimmer levels. If it is in strobe mode the water looks really neat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'll admit to showering daily with a light. Our shower has no light, so hanging a Dorcy Cool Blue off one of the curtain rings makes it much easier to make sure you use the right chemicals for the right purposes et. all.

Negeltu

Enlightened
I shower and bathe with one of my lights. I took a radioshack water proof light and put 10 16,000mcd leds in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Looks like liquid light in the bath tub. I started doing this because I haven't gotten around to fixing the bathroom light switch so the light will flicker off sometimes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
We dont usually use the shower if the power goes out. No power means the well pump doesnt work which means we have a limited amount of water accessable in our house.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When I was 11 or 12, I used a strobe light on high speed to shower with. I remember, it was in Sacramento CA. at grandma's house in the downstairs bathroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
The strobe light was one of those square jobs from the mid- to late-1970s with the woodgrain case and the faceted reflector, using a "U"-shaped xenon flashtube.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
haven't we all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i've showered and bathed with my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was suprised to find myself saying..."this is so cool" as I bathed by flashlight.I think it was the fact that I never thought I would have to use a flashlight in the shower and when I did have to do so it was kind of neat.I am happy to see I am not alone in this as I was getting worried about myself....

cy

Flashaholic
It's quite simple, I shower with firefly on to wash the lanyard. When you EDC with a lanyard, it needs a bath too.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I've got an Eveready Super Charge. I's a recharageable single Led light with a lens for focus. I strap it to the towel rack so it shines on the diffused glass shower door.......
At least I'm not the only one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guilty

The lights in the upstairs bathroom burnt out. I don't know how many months went by before I replaced them while I showered with various lights.

I'm not big on baths but maybe the GF would like a soak with underwater lighting only.

You guys are freaky.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
here's what i do... i take my Elektrolumens Blaster 3 and i set it on the edge of the tub... i turn it on and point it towards the ceiling and it lights the shower up beautifully... just beautifully!

the light catches the shower curtain and provides a soft, but slightly brighter glow directly in front of you, so you can make sure you're coming clean...

i would put it directly in the shower with me, 'cause it has proven to be water tight, but it's just too damn bright to have it sitting in front of you there... blinds you everytime you scrub the jewels... er, feet...

i've also used my UK 4AA eLED and that worked pretty well too, altho rigging it to illuminate the shower well was pretty tricky...

verbie

Enlightened
hmm...i think i've heard it all now...or not? well, i had to take a light in to use the bathroom when we had a power outage last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Try taking a bath with a submerged UKE 2L or 4AA shining up through the water while held down by a Vicelock.

Brightnorm