Comments on the tint of a "TYOJ" Luxeon III

luxlover

Banned
Comments on the tint of a \"TYOJ\" Luxeon III

Briefly, what is known about the tint variation of a Luxeon III, with a TYOJ binning code? How accurate is this graphic..... Color Binning Graphics as it pertains to the YO portion of the bin code?

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Comments on the tint of a \"TYOJ\" Luxeon III

[ QUOTE ]
luxlover said:
Briefly, what is known about the tint variation of a Luxeon III, with a TYOJ binning code? How accurate is this graphic..... Color Binning Graphics compared to the code?

[/ QUOTE ]
First, the graphic. That graphic greatly exaggerates the depth of the color tint, presumedly for readibility. Much of the area that is within reasonable closeness to the dashed line will look perfectly white to most folks. Your first question is about the *tint variation* within the YO bin [BTW, the"T" and "J" are irrelavant to the tint discussion]. Well from that graphic, the YO bin covers a lot of area in the X-Y color space. I have never seen a YO but I would expect them to be a very high color temperature white with varying degrees of blueness. I do know that it is easy to confuse reading a "Y" and "V" on the back of a Star as Don M discovered. As I recall, Don said he likes the YO bin. You have some TYOJs? Got any extras"? Like I said, I've never seen one but would like to.

luxlover

Banned

Thanks for the elaboration, Doug. I fixed the post, to specify that only the YO portion of the bin code applies to color.

I am surprised that most of the people whom I have PM'd today, have not heard of this bin code. Maybe it is the latest and greatest?

gtwace

Enlightened

I got a E1e with Nexgen bb1000 which comes with a TYOJ Luxeon III, that explains it being Don's EDC. With the 15ohm... ? McE2S the light is a little blue, noticable only on a white background or upon comparison. At full power of 1A The light is highly white, only at close exmination and with a white background will it appear a slight blue. We did a comparison with fellow member Albert DB 917 and it does appear whiter probably because it is drawing 1A, I couldn't remember the bin code of Albert light. PM sent.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie (AKA Mr.Bulk) also loves the Y0 bin color. he said the YO bin looks a lot like HID, with its hint of blue

gtwace

Enlightened

I did ask for a code chart, here it is : http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/
Thank you, eebowler and all CPFer for it. It shows WA and WO to be pure white and YO does have an intersection point which would make it very much an WA, it is all about luxdeon lottery I guess, the nearer the whiter.

albert

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
gtwace said:
...I couldn't remember the bin code of Albert light. PM sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

TX0J /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif