Old Ray-o-Vac battery Ad

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Old Ray-o-Vac avttery Ad

Those old, short lived, carbon/zinc cells of the 1950's are why I hoard batteries now. I grew up having my few battery operated toys, and lights, poop out after way too short of time. For me a full battery box is like a piggy bank full of cash.

capnal

Enlightened

Keep searching for old battery flashlight ads!
There is a really neat one that I saw (and alomst bought) where it was kinda of a testimonial ad for a lady (I think this was 30's) who almost gave her sick child poison instead of cought syrup until she turned on her flashlight to read the label.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fifty years later, CPFers still post about how to prevent battery leakage..

The only ones which I really trust not to leak are lithium/lithium ion cells and NiMH. I keep a stock of primary cells, but I also keep the rechargeables topped off and ready to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

LOL I have two of thouse old batteries I found in a flash unit to an old camera. My heart sank when I opened the battery cover on the flash unit and saw batteries in it knowing it would be a corroded mess inside but to my suprize 2 pristine mint condition ray-o-vac sealed in steal batteries slid right out. I think I sold the camera but I still have the batteries.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Incredible.. pix of the batteries please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif