Best 1 or 3 Watt CR123 <$50

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Peak LED Solutions will take time to come up with their version of CR123 1Watter. So, I am on a search for a light with following specifications

1) 1 Watt Luxeon (3 Watts is also ok)
2) Simple On / Off Switch... Twist On / Off Prefered (I HATE TAILCAP SWITCHES).. Also I am NOT looking for ANY of the Thrills / Frills.. like brightness levels... moon mode .. Programmable etc... Just Simple Regulated Flashlight.
3) Small & Pocketable
4) Good Throw, brightness, Batterylife
5) Most Importantly BELOW $50 EDIT: Or Nearby but certainly not above 60$ (the Ultimate Limit... the %10 Buffer is provided because If a person is willing to spend $50.... additional $10 wont hurt that much... but additional $110 (lol... example VIP, ARC Flashlight & Other High End flashlights).. will certainly hurt MUCH MUCH More... its additional 100 BUCKS MAN... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
6) Cheap Chinese are also OK for me, I just want to have a GO at a CR123 1 Watter ...

Any Suggestions ?

Edit: Also, I am not looking for any Seconds or Thirds... Looking for Brand New Only, Reason.... There can be any flashlight.. like Arc... surefire.. VIP etc etc... is a "good condition" available for less than $50, but that will not serve the purpose of this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Nuwai Quantum III comes in at approximately $50 and it features a 3 watt Luxeon on a single CR123A cell, but the tailcap clicky would disqualify it from the running based on your criteria.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
The Nuwai Quantum III comes in at approximately $50 and it features a 3 watt Luxeon on a single CR123A cell, but the tailcap clicky would disqualify it from the running based on your criteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can live with the clickie tailcap, you won't be disapointed. There is nothing that even comes close for less than $100. IIRC two differentent CPFers have them for sale for $58.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai Quantum III Sounds great....

Yep .. for a 3 Watter I can Settle down for a TailCap Switch... As long it is Just an ON / OFF Switch...

Also, Please note, I am thinking of getting only a New ... Not a Second's or thirds...

Thanks CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif & Others

What are the other options....

ViReN

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:

Yep .. for a 3 Watter I can Settle down for a TailCap Switch... As long it is Just an ON / OFF Switch...

Also, Please note, I am thinking of getting only a New ... Not a Second's or thirds...

ViReN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a simple on-off switch - reverse-clickie, to be precise. For $58 dollars from either Warren or Mark 2 in the B/S/T Lights forums, you can't really go wrong. The hues tend to be on the good side, no matter who you buy it from, and it's nice and compact.

Otherwise, you might want to look at the Vortex KC-1, which will probably go on sale in the next few months, which has a 1.2W with a clickie for momentary on, or a simple twist-on/off function. The main problem is that it uses CR2 batteries, which can get expensive. However, it fits almost every criterion you've named (1W, pocketable, decent throw and battery life) otherwise. Not too easy to find yet, though.

The third possibility is the Elektrolumens Zorch, which is supposed to use a 3W Luxeon, but no word on how much it'll cost. Elektrolumens lights tend to be good deals, however... and this one's about the size of a Q-III, though I'm not sure how bright it'll get. Again, it's a clickie-switch.

But if you want one NOW, then it's hard to go wrong with the Nuwai Quantum-III. Nice, compact, and bright enough to use. It's not a Surefire, but it's a heck of a lot smaller and cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:

ViReN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a simple on-off switch - reverse-clickie, to be precise. For $58 dollars from either Warren or Mark 2 in the B/S/T Lights forums, you can't really go wrong. The hues tend to be on the good side, no matter who you buy it from, and it's nice and compact.

Otherwise, you might want to look at the Vortex KC-1, which will probably go on sale in the next few months, which has a 1.2W with a clickie for momentary on, or a simple twist-on/off function. The main problem is that it uses CR2 batteries, which can get expensive. However, it fits almost every criterion you've named (1W, pocketable, decent throw and battery life) otherwise. Not too easy to find yet, though.

The third possibility is the Elektrolumens Zorch, which is supposed to use a 3W Luxeon, but no word on how much it'll cost. Elektrolumens lights tend to be good deals, however... and this one's about the size of a Q-III, though I'm not sure how bright it'll get. Again, it's a clickie-switch.

But if you want one NOW, then it's hard to go wrong with the Nuwai Quantum-III. Nice, compact, and bright enough to use. It's not a Surefire, but it's a heck of a lot smaller and cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no clicky unless they changed the design.I have one and it is only a twisty.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:

ViReN

[/ QUOTE ]

Their seconds usually are just cosmetic flaws that are hardly noticeable.I've had 2 seconds and one 1st and couldn't tell the difference.

nonbox

Banned
Inova T1 is a small pocketable single CR123 led coming out in the near future for around $60.

Inova X0 is under $50.

It's hard to beat Inova for value, design, function, and price.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no clicky unless they changed the design.I have one and it is only a twisty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: that's a momentary-on. Wasn't sure if it counts as 'clickie' or not - my apologies. The Imago review was specific on this - twist on/off or momentary on by pressing the back.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Inova T1 is a small pocketable single CR123 led coming out in the near future for around $60.

Inova X0 is under $50.

It's hard to beat Inova for value, design, function, and price.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main downside to the X0 is that it's like 6" long, if not a bit longer, and it has a clickie-button, IIRC. The T1 is a bit over 4.59", IIRC, and has the momentary push/clickie button. For 'small and pocketable', the T1's the only one on that list that qualifies.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think i will buy Inova X0, as i already have Peak McKinley, its really good one.

If Nuwai Quantum III has just a twist on / off .. its still GREAT for me.

I am in the market... and will take some time to buy the light. I can wait for 1 or 1.5 months ... Unless Peak Comes out with their 1 Watter. After that, it will be a direct comparison....

Inova T1 sounds good... especially at $60 ...

I didnt knew about the 2nds thingy, i thought they were "second Hand" ones, I am not much in to B/S/T threads yet though...

Lets see what more options do we have.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:

[/ QUOTE ]
The Nuwai Quantum III that I have has a clicky tailcap switch, not a twisty.

From my website:

To turn the Nuwai on, press the rubberised button on the tailcap until it clicks and then release it. To turn the Nuwai off, repeat what you just did to turn it on.

There is no momentary or signalling mode available when the flashlight is off; however you can blink it while it's on by pressing the tailcap button more gently than you would for turning it off; press it and hold it BEFORE it clicks. If you don't mind the backward or reverse feeling of this, you can blink the Nuwai this way if desired.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
I dont think i will buy Inova X0, as i already have Peak McKinley, its really good one.

I am in the market... and will take some time to buy the light. I can wait for 1 or 1.5 months ... Unless Peak Comes out with their 1 Watter. After that, it will be a direct comparison....

Inova T1 sounds good... especially at $60 ...

I didnt knew about the 2nds thingy, i thought they were "second Hand" ones, I am not much in to B/S/T threads yet though...

Lets see what more options do we have.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious as to how you compare the x0 to a Peak,since the xo is a luxeon and the Peak has only 5mm's.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the only twist on/off lights on the list I named are the Zorch and the KC-1. The Nuwai's a good value, however... and I don't see how one cna make a valid comparison between the Peak McKinley and a 1W Luxeon with the special TIROS optics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Zorch does look interesting, though....

bbodyguy

Newly Enlightened
I have two now of hte $20 dollar ones. Awesome, bright white light. No hint of green, and seems to be of good quality. Still on my first cell, but I'm thinking it's a whole new paradigm of bang for the buck in luxeon lights.

Going back to cloak mode......

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened
I just got my XM-2 from Electrolumens. It'll burn your eyeballs right out. BRIGHT! 3W LED, very white, exceptional throw, 2 hour runtime, 2x123. Check Wayne's site as he may have more left.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Oopssss..... I did a Mistake.... Got Confused with InovaX0 & Inova X5 ... Actually...

The Inova X0 ... its Luxeon and runs on 2 CR123 Cells
The Inova X5 ... its 5 mm LED's and again runs on 2 CR123 Cells...

I meant Inova X5 (not X0)...

Also, I am not looking for a 2 CR123 Flashlights.... Rather just ONE CR123 based flashlight.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN