Bad news for me.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got ahold of Surefire to ask about my L1 Lumamax order. The answer I got was: " The waiting list on the L1 is several MONTHS."

I will not be able to purchase one then, I need it in a couple WEEKS. The store that I frequent does have a L4 Lumamax at $125.00 Should I get the L4, e1e, or Z2??

-tom

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Those lights are quite different in function, think before purchasing!

The L1 is not terribly bright on high but has a super long running low.

The L4 is a bright "wall of light" in the short range but lasts only 65min.

I'd forget the E1e.

If I were you I'd hang ou tin B/S/T and either wait for an L1 popping up or buy an Aleph1 light from McGizmo. It is modular, you can buy the configuration you want, Don is quick in making and shipping it, and it is perfect.

bernhard

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
$125 is a fair price for a L4.

Did you try the dealers in Banners
These are the dealers that support CPF. You might find a L1 in stock. You could also run an add in B/S/T.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I called Tactical Warehouse and Meridian Tactical. Neither had L1s in stock.

Tactical Warehouse has L2s in stock.
Meridian Tactical has A2s in stock.

EDIT: 1 Stop Knife Shop has 1 in stock. Phone # 1-502-671-5510

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx. I guess I wont get a flashlight yet. I will have to redo my search again. I just need a good name ( surefire or ARC or another ) flashlight with good batterylife and a good light output. I don't want to get the L4 because of the low runtime and... well.... I just dont really like that light.

I know you have given me some good lights, but I want one ~$100 with a good runtime, LED, and just looks cool.

-tom

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
cornkid,

See my post above. I found a Surefire L1 for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

luxlover

Banned
The L1 is SureFire's first dual level light. It has been given a good blend of runtime and light output on high level, and has a very practical light output and a long runtime on low level. The high level is about 20 lumens, which is more than enough for most everyday situations. For those times when you will need very little light, the 2 lumen low level will be good. I highly recommend this light to you. I would snatch it up at $100.