Arc Flavors--what to get? or an Infinity? Battery Recycling?

rlhess

Enlightened
Hi,

I might want an ARC flashlight but I am terribly confused about the flavors.

What is the difference between a regular ARC white, an LE, and a CPF?

I assume the CPFs are no longer available.

TTS may have more LEs?

Do I need one? I carry the Inova X5 in my pocket and it seems to fit well. I'm on the list for a Lambda Illuminator.

Or should I buy infinities to use all the AA cells that I seem to have lying around 2/3 drained--do they do as well with used cells as the Arcs? They seem much dimmer, though.

I use many more AAs than AAAs and I'm getting an Aurora headlamp which I assume will drain down AAAs pretty well so that could be my AAA recycler.

Thanks!

Richard

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me, it comes down to what you want this light for.

If it is for a keychain, 'always available' light to use once in a while...I'd get the Photon II or III (very light, very bright that you'll never notice it until you need it).

If it is for a keychain, 'used a lot!'... I'd get the ARC AAA.

If you just want a flashlight to walk around the house or for a walk at night or one to preserve your night vision ...I'd definitely get the Infinity Blue-Green.

signals

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlhess:
What is the difference between a regular ARC white, an LE, and a CPF?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the most important difference is that there are no LEs or CPF editions available anymore. (At least that's what Arc Flashlight told me when I ordered my AAA last month.) Even so, the regular Arc AAA is a very good flashlight. Highly recommended!

-Kevin