Interesting 1W 3xAAA at Lifestyle Fascination

indenial

Enlightened
Just ran across this light at Lifestyle Fascination. Any thoughts?

KM652_main.jpg

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif That is one beautiful light! Waterproof too! Thanks for the link voodoogreg.

I wonder if it has a current limiting resistor inside? If not, rechargeables will make it a killer light.
Does the head come off easily? Hmmm.

alberto

Enlightened
Interesting light. I wonder what the diameter is, given that it uses 3 AAAs.

I love the marketing hype in these ads:

- "LED has over 50,000 hours of shelf life" - So it burns out after 50,000 hours sitting unused on the shelf?

- "casts an actual spotlight..." Not a fake spotlight!

- In another ad for another light (a combo light and mosquito repeller): "plug it into any AC outlet, to power the built in rechargeable battery for 3½ hours!" I'd rather power the light, not the battery.

- Another ad for a lantern: "20 LED lantern is like turning the sun on at night" WOW, that's bright!

indenial

Enlightened
That's a THOR searchlight. That exact light can be found elsewhere for $39.99. At the lower price it's the best value around for a spotlight I think.

That inflated price says all you need to know about Lifestyle Fascination. Unless an item is on sale, they are definitely over-priced IMO. I've purchased three lights from them and although the quality was good the only one not over-priced was on sale at at about 33% off.