Angle Flashlight

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
what's the best inverted "L" Angle LED Flashlight around (must be small & light-weight)? IMO I find the "L" shape design easy to hook it on haversack & easy to hold like a cigarette lighter too, but not sure whether there is 1 that's powered by 1AA battery?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk about the angle light, I've seen a few shops here selling the 2AA version of it... makes me wonder if some mod can be done to it somehow to drive a Luxeon... Hmm... might just have to get one just to play with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry, back on topic, both the above are great recommendations, the Anglelux comes highly recommended of course. The 1W version ran in excess of 24 hours continously IIRC!

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
UK 4AA angle-head UniLite is an incandescent FL?
Hmm... any other recommendation which come with smaller form-factor? or any powered by at most 2AA (best to be 1AA)?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DIYLite said:
Thanks!
UK 4AA angle-head UniLite is an incandescent FL?
Hmm... any other recommendation which come with smaller form-factor? or any powered by at most 2AA (best to be 1AA)?

[/ QUOTE ]

oops sorry! i was thinking that the unilite came with the led lamp. guess not! in any case the led lamp module is available for it and THEN you will get the rock steady regulation.

i will also vote for the anglelux 1w, got one myself and it just keeps on going and going.................

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any smaller I guess if you can find the 2AA version of the angle light over where you are, then pop in an Everled or similar PR Led bulb replacement module and you have yourself a nice angle led light. Brightness may or may not be satisfactory though, depends on the reflector and/or optics if any are used...