M3 for Halloween? 8AX? U2? All too powerful?

ajnova

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

With Halloween coming, I'm thinking about what lights I will be carrying.

I was thinking of buying a SureFire M3 for Halloween - and as I have wanted one for a while.

I'm concerned that the M3 would be TOO powerful for Halloween duties. That it would bring "daylight" to Trick-or-Treating. I have a SF 8AX and that is about the same output as a M3 I believe. I guess I could buy a beam shaper filter. However, I don't think I would have much use for it after Halloween.

I was going to take my SF L4 as a backup. Maybe the M3/8AX should be the backup? Wish I had a E2e/E2D for the throw.

Hmmmm any ideas? Will the U2 be out by Halloween? That probably be a great choice because of the different outputs.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! How about my SureFire M6?!!! LOL!

Thank you!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
You, my friend, seem to have a lot of money to spend on Trick-or-Treating. I think the M6 will put the WEEEEE! back in HalloWEEEEEen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
ajnova,
after seeing your Strider stuff I know you don't go for the small things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Therefor I am not sure as to what would be the right tool for your needs. Better get them all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The M3 is an impressive light, as is the L4 or the M6. All of them have their own character. If you are thinking about using the light for more than just Halloween, the L4 as an EDC or the M3 as a slim but powerful light are excellent choices. I personally don't like the switching mechanism of the 8NX/AX.
If you want throw in combination with the Millenium lights, go for the M3T with N2 lamp assembly. These two create a wonderful beam. Others will chim in here I bet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i'm gonna carry my Elektrolumens FT3C on my belt.
i'm gonna use my Inova X5T-HA most of the time, but know, there will be others carrying damn bright lights.

i seem to recall some CPF member finding their Surefire M6 quite useful last Halloween. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Avus Blue's thread from last Halloween

KEW

Newly Enlightened
Why not carry more than one light? Or better yet why not use a light with dual outputs? The SF L2, 9AN or the 10X. When you depend on your equipment, it is always good to have a backup. I have relied on a light for almost 22 years now. And I have learned to always have a spare bulb or a back-up light close. Good luck with the gobblins.

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
just strap a thor with Newbies 3x mod on your back... or have your kid carry it around. doubtful anyone will beat you. Even cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif