PayPal Alert!!!

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Someone out there it trying to take advantage of the mess with PayPal. I got two emails notifying me of Email addresses being added to my PayPal account. They looked pretty good, except they were both sent to my old PayPal address, which I deleted about 10 days ago. They were fishing for my info on the account. BEWARE!!!

oldgrandpajack

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I got two emails saying I had added a new email address.
You can forward these emails to [email protected]
DO NOT LOG INTO ANY PAGES GENERATED BY AN EMAIL LINK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif
I went to a fresh browser page and typed www.paypal.com and then logged in, went to profile, checked email addresses and only had the one I use for Paypal.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have been getting PayPal and various bank E-mails prompting a need to go "fix" something. Aside from some with poor spelling in them, I like the ones that have a typed URL link for you to go to but if you check the actual link, it is some IP address instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif It sure would be nice to send "them" something back in grattitude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could just go there and type whatever you want in the spaces they provide. There are several words that come to mind that have absolutely nothing to do with my name or banking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

6pOriginal

Enlightened
When I still had AOL, I got a few of those fake AOL sites in my email asking for passwords to "fix something" every once in awhile. There were a few times, I had absolutely nothing to do, so I go to their sites and fill out the forms with totally meaningless things. The most that I ever did was about 100 times (yes, I really had nothing to do and I was mad at all the spams that I got /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif). I hope they actually tried to log on using those fake passwords i made up of, that's going to be frustrating after trying to log on 100 times without any success /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure fire way to tell. is open op web browser, go to www.paypal.com and log in, if you dont get a popup message that there's a problem then you're ok.

A good top that email is fake is it will begin "Dear PayPal Customer" or something like that. All PayPal emails ive gotten from Paypal themselves always start with my name.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
all real paypal emails have had my first and last name.
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
Sure fire way to tell. is open op web browser, go to www.paypal.com and log in, if you dont get a popup message that there's a problem then you're ok.

A good top that email is fake is it will begin "Dear PayPal Customer" or something like that. All PayPal emails ive gotten from Paypal themselves always start with my name.

[/ QUOTE ]

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
One time, when I was real bored, I looked up the website in a "we'll help you get started in business" scams. It was a fill in form.

So I filled it in.

Well, actually, I wrote a script that filled it in. 1000 times. With random words from the dictionary for addresses and random names from a list I have. And bogus phone numbers that connect to telephone company test tones.

I figure that should have taken them most of a day to call all those bogus numbers looking for victims.

Daniel

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Egads that was mean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif