The Next President Has Already Been Chosen!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, no kidding.

The Washington Redskins lost their season finale today which means that John Kerry will be elected on Tuesday.

According to someone who keeps these type of records, the results of the final season game for the Redskins has determined the next president for the last 17 elections.

If the Redskins win, the incumbent president or party was elected. If they lost, the opponent won.

I wonder if Art Bell has something to do with this?

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I remember back in '92 Barbara Bush referencing... Weekly Reader's or Readers Digest's poll that had also been unfailingly prescient over several decades in calling the election and that it had chosen Bush.

Obviously that didn't pan out too well.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Don't you guys know anything! When the moon is in like with Uranus, trends are reversed! The Red Sox winning is CLEARLY evidence of this. And the lunar eclipse the other night was just more evidence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Will we even know on Wednesday morning? I FREAKING doubt it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent point. I figure I'll start watching the coverage on Friday or so. Or maybe even early December if the last time is any indication...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sylvia Brown said Kerry will win. That was after she changed her answer from Howard Dean.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, yes. The Red Sox likely reversed the Red Skins soothsaying accuracy.

But what the hell - from one of the premiere battleground states - GO PACK!

iddibhai

Enlightened
this is my first election (whooo! i guess state and county stuff matters more but i digress). i'll be at work tomorrow night, will news websites have realtime tallies as polls close from the east coast? working till midnight, so even hawaii/alaska should be done right? would numbers be available in a few hours?

mods: would this be considered breach of CPF etiquette? if so, feel free to edit (i'll play nice, really!), but given the thread title, thought it might fit in nicely

http://electionprojection.com/data.html

and does *anyone* have a higher post count than DD?

Greta

Flashaholic
Just so you all know... The Underground is available for discussions about today's elections. I would encourage any and all of you to go there if you would like to take this thread further without the risk of having it closed. As CPF is such a diverse and international community, I would rather not disrupt it with what will no doubt become quite the volatile subject of the day.

For those who do not want to register in The Underground, I have created a forum that is available to everyone... registered and unregistered. Click the link above to enter the forum.

Thanks for your cooperation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's true, major league baseball controls everything!

there are no other conspiracies worth mentioning. Now, I'm off to vote, just in case I'm wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Just so you all know... The Underground is available for discussions about today's elections. I would encourage any and all of you to go there if you would like to take this thread further without the risk of having it closed. As CPF is such a diverse and international community, I would rather not disrupt it with what will no doubt become quite the volatile subject of the day.

For those who do not want to register, I have created a forum that is available to everyone... just like the Lifeline forum.

Thanks for your cooperation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't aware that it was 2005 already.

Greta

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ... how many times have I told myself not to try to do anything that requires thought before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
All I know is it's going to be a long day for me. I work on the software/computers for one of the "Big 3" networks - and in particular, the elections computers. As I type this at 11:09 am on Tuesday AM, I've been here an hour getting ready - Noon the computers come up, and 1:00pm we start getting data (just like all the other networks BTW)

I won't get into politics - here at the "D-Desk" politics ars like they are here - banned. The ONLY political discussions are at the professiona level - who is leading in XX poll, what the issues with each poll are, what does the data flow look like, and the like

All of the folks at the desk all have the SAME wish:
That today's election go smoothly, and that the spread is large enough that we have a clear winner - no matter WHO it is.

There you have it - my professional election wish for the day

25 more hours till I'm scheduled to go home

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
iddibhai said:
mods: would this be considered breach of CPF etiquette? if so, feel free to edit (i'll play nice, really!), but given the thread title, thought it might fit in nicely

http://electionprojection.com/data.html
The best part about this link is you get to see how many "EVs" each candidate has. How cool is that!?

[ QUOTE ]
and does *anyone* have a higher post count than DD?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get ten credits for every post because mine are so damn pithy.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I hope beyond all hope, that come the morning the Houston Comicle (Chronicle) will report that there is a clear winner.

That there will not be some gazillion lawsuits that make it take weeks or more.

Please!