which AA LEDs accept lithium batteries?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Ihave:

UK 4AA eLED
various Streamlights

question is which accept AA Lithiums? I may want to stash some of these in the cars etc. and want them to work when needed. I am led to believe that AA lithiums are higher voltage than AA alkalines...and that using the AA lithiums in an overdriven luxeon light for instance is courting disaster.

What's the story? Thanks!

vtunderground

Enlightened
The UK eLED accepts lithium batteries. Output remains the same, but the flashlight is much lighter, and the runtime is increased to something like 18 hours.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova x1 is great. Improved beam visibility. I wouldn't use them in my infinity ultra, though, simply because it feeds just fine off 'dead' alkalines.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on which Streamlight you have. The 4AA 7Led will allow for up to 3 AA Lithiums only, so you have to find a dummy AA cell to put in in order to use it with lithiums. If you have the Tasklight 3AA (not to be mistaken for the Twintask 3AA) then you're good to go with lithiums as well. Off the top of my head these are the 2 Streamlights that are able to use AA lithiums AFAIK... Hope it helps.

chumley

Enlightened
Stanley, I had the SL 3AA tasklight last year, I think that Streamlight said to only use alkalines. Lithiums might be OK, but that could void the warranty. You are right about the 4AA 7led, lithiums are OK if only 3 are used.

junior

Enlightened
What about Dorcy 2AA's and 1AAA's? Can they take lith's safely?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I've never had a problem with any of my AA lights running them on lithiums: CMG Infinity, Inova X1, Koehler Brightstar 4AA Responder, Arc LS with AA twisty, all worked fine.

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sotto said:
Actually, I've never had a problem with any of my AA lights running them on lithiums: CMG Infinity, Inova X1, Koehler Brightstar 4AA Responder, Arc LS with AA twisty, all worked fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sotto, you are refering to the standard CMG Infinity, and not the Ultra? I had heard the Ultra was OK to use liths, not sure about standard model. If that's the case, that would be great as I have a few of those.

Mark

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that the Gerber LX3 does not handle Lithiums. Something to consider with the coming winter.

chiphead

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
junior said:
What about Dorcy 2AA's and 1AAA's? Can they take lith's safely?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used them in both. I like the fact that they are lighter as well as longer life in the glovebox.

Daniel

junior

Enlightened
Thank's gadget lover! Are the Dorcys brighter with the lith's?

What say you?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niteowl:

I've not had difficulty running AA lithium cells in either the regular Tasklight or the Ultra. Actually, anymore I stuff them with "dead" batteries from my other toys and they still work great.