Need holster for SF M2. Will a V20/V25 work?

Specop_007

Newly Enlightened
Checked the Surefire homepage, they dont specifically list a nylon/leather holster for the M2. Will a V20/V25 nylon holster fit the M2?
Thanks

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect it's because they don't have a holster for the M2. I have the C2, which is fundamentally the same body/tailcap with a lower-profile 6P-style bezel, and it will not fit the V25 because of the grip ring. The ring is too wide to slot the light into the holster. Seeing that the M2 has the same ring, it may have the same problem.

SF probably intended these to be carried on the belt with the clip.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Specop,

KevinL is quite right that SF dont do a nylon holster for the reasons he has already highlited.

SF do make the V70 plastic holster which is good if you carry your light bezel up. Alternatively they also do the V72 which will allow bezel down carry.

If neither of these options takes your fancy then why not get a SOE nylon holster which is specifically made for the M2 and is of a very high quality.

Unfortunately the grip rings on some Surefire lights make them very dificult to use in any nylon holster due to the problem of it getting caught whilst unholstering.

There is little you can do except ask if anyone else has experience of anything better than the SOE pouch.

Personally I think either the V70 or V72 work well with my bias being towards the V72 and the protection it gives to the bezel and the ease of withdrawl from the holster.

Hope this is of some limited use?

Doug