UK lamp assembly life?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really growing fond of the UK lights.
for some reason, i often end up with either the UK4aaLED or incan UK4aa in my pocket.

though i like the cleaner beam of the tec-40, i really like the pocket-ability of the UK--and the beam is still good enough to get the job done...throws well too.

i have read that the LA lasts 30 hrs...anyone with any personal experience with those lamp assemblies--good or bad?

Bob

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
the lamp of my UKE 2L has seen maybe 10 hours of very intermittent use, sometimes only for 5 seconds bursts and sometimes 20 minutes of constant use.

now i use this Lamp in a UKE 4AA body (with the switch), so it's cheaper to run and more comfortable to activate with the switch.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UKE 4AA lamp can run a really really looong time. I used to own a few pieces of them as they are very cheap and has plenty of throw for it's size but has since given them up to my friend in place for Surefire. One of the main reasons is that whenever I dropped my UKE 4AA, the bulb goes off focus. This is frustrating and I have had 3 of them gone off focus to have faith in them anymore.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately Bob, although Surefire is well known as the "Rolls Royce" of flashlights, it is not infallible. There may occasionally be some batches with pre-mature bulb failure. If the light works in the first set of batteries then chances is that it should work for a long time. Most of the pre-mature failure happened during the first set of batteries and in some cases even a second after switching it on. These are very common scenario in high power incandescent bulbs.

If you are able to I would recommend you try it before purchase but not to worry, Surefire back all their lights with a no hassle lifetime warranty. I have had no problems dealing with them on warranty issues here in Singapore and I believed you should not too since you are in Michigan.