New style SF L1

dtsoll

Enlightened
Those of you who have the new style L1 what do you think of them? What is the difference between the new style and old style?? I have never owned one and maybe I should?? Your thoughts on this light? Thanks!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rifle59

Newly Enlightened
I really like my L1. Probably the handiest light I have. I use it for EDC and hunting/outdoor ventures. The low level is fine for looking where I am stepping. The higher beam is used a fair amount for everything else. I like the idea of only having to carry one extra battery for a spare. (lighter for a pack)

cdf

Enlightened
The L1 is my most carried S/F . I'ts a great work EDC . The runtime specs are conservative . I'ts great for "recycling 123 that are iffy in incans . Its a universal backup for whatever else you want to carry .

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you taking about the new one that has a bezel that looks like the L4?

M

MeridianTactical

If you guys want one, I have one in stock and comes with a free 12 Pk of batteries and free shipping...

Great light!

GutWrench

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:
If you guys want one, I have one in stock and comes with a free 12 Pk of batteries and free shipping...

Great light!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifics?

M

MeridianTactical

nope, maybe later and its in the box and sealed...

dtsoll

Enlightened
I'll take it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I gotta stop!!!! Anyway, the surefire site says the L1 has a LuxIII led. I hope it is a high dome, not sure if LuxIII's come in low dome or not though! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Can anyone post a pic of what the new one looks like? or a link? For those of you that have one, is the bezel less scalloped than say an E2e bezel?? Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

arwin

Newly Enlightened
There is a pic of what the new bezel looks like at surefire website. It should be on the comparison page. Surefire said the new L1 with 3 watt LED wont be released until next year or so.