I love you man

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I called my Dad last week and asked if he was using his ARC AAA I gave him a year or two ago. He said "yes, I have it on my key chain and use it nearly every day." I then asked if he thought a small coin cell light might be nicer because of it's small size, to which he replied "no, why do you ask?" I told him I lost mine in the storm and Lezli (my wife) wouldn't give me hers and I didn't want one bad enough to pay $50 for a new one.
My Dad laughed and commented on how much he enjoyed his. After that turn down I went back to my wife and told her I really needed hers and I would get her a really cool coin cell or a 1AA key chain light. It was then she sort of blew a gasket and said, "Fine, take it if you think that's what you need to do." Anyone that's married knows I didn't dare go near the light at that point and I haven't brought it up since.

I bought AAA's for 2 guys at work 2 years ago and offered a $10 profit to each guy to sell me his used one but they both declined. I think I have created flashlight snobs.

Today I received a yellow Surefire G2 in the mail from my Dad as what I assume is conciliation for not giving me his AAA. Well...I love you man but I wanted the AAA.

I will start working on my wife again in a few weeks and am sure we can come to some kind of an agreement. Maybe a night out at an over priced restaurant will do the trick. Some way , some how I'm getting her AAA.

***DO NOT OFFER ME YOUR AAA. One of the other mods. already offered to send me one and I declined. I do not want one given to me, I will buy one, go without or pester my wife until she gives me hers. This board has done way to much for me already. I know this comment may only apply to one person but before anyone else has pity on me, don't. We are doing great and this was just a semi-funny story and interesting to point out how attached people get to a certain torch.***

avusblue

Enlightened
Fine. I won't offer you mine. I'll offer to SELL you one for, how about, $1. Let me know and it's yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From one Dave to another.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
And if that's too low, you can have one from me for $2! (Or, if it will ease your consience, the $12.50 I'm in it for.)

Larry

CiTY

Enlightened
Thats funny. I gave my mom a AAA last year, and I liked her beam better than my new one a few months ago. So... I traded my new one for her old one... Being number One son, I wanted her to have the newest one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Can't a guy make a post without someone jumping in with kindness? Can't yall try a little selfishness now and again so the board feels more like the real world?

I really, really want to wait and get my wife's AAA or buy one on the open market when the time is right. Thanks for the very kind offers but this is one of those things I need to wait for. I have 1/2 a dozen torches within hands reach so I will be just fine.

Thanks again.

In hindsight I think this thread should have been called, Let go of my Eggo.

Thanks again

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
Can't a guy make a post without someone jumping in with kindness? Can't yall try a little selfishness now and again so the board feels more like the real world?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a brand new black one for about $45. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Um.. Dave I hope I'm not saying a wrong thing... Have you considered a Peak AAA with a "prototype" body? I know it's not an Arc, but it's close.

Mark2

Enlightened
Dave, the thing is that I don't like the thought of people loving their ARCs having to give them up. It's kind of cruel to give nice lights to people and then when they're attached to them, you take them away, isn't it?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
Dave, the thing is that I don't like the thought of people loving their ARCs having to give them up. It's kind of cruel to give nice lights to people and then when they're attached to them, you take them away, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point and trust me when I say my wife will only give me the light if she grows weary of it on her keychain. She won't let me *take* anything. After 17 years of marriage she doesn't feel any pressure and of course is a great gal.

I will take a look at the Peak but my old ARC AAA sure treated me well.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck with you then Dave, I'm keeping mine and you can't have it. How's that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
Fine. I won't offer you mine. I'll offer to SELL you one for, how about, $1. Let me know and it's yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From one Dave to another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Even more if it's a CPF 2002 one with "Jon S Burlison CPF 491" engraved in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I hope you won't regret it Jon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frenchy, nothing is too good for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I am getting lots of use out of the one you sent me./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I really have grown to like that green grey hard anno color, and it makes me look color coordinated since everything matchs.

I like my flashlights HA natural and black, well I like the looks of Brass as well.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

To heck with the ARC's IWANA about your Gravely did it survive is it OK?

Later
Sway

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
hmm.... maybe I am glad I don't have an arcAAA now.. if they drive you crazy when you lose em I am already crazy they may drive me sane..... EEEEEEEEEK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave if you can find a Peak AAA prototype body like Uncle Fester mentioned, its about as close as you can get to an Arc AAA for now, at a reasonable price. Get that and the 3Led head and swap it with your wifey, tell her that its brighter!! And newer too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or have it done in brass and get her name engraved on it... that way she might feel its truly hers!!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
Sway said:
Dave,

To heck with the ARC's IWANA about your Gravely did it survive is it OK?

Later
Sway

[/ QUOTE ]

I evacuated my family and my mower (not necessarily in that order) prior to the storm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I drove the mower to work, which is 2 miles from my house. The building I had it in was quite damaged but all that happened to the mower was it got a little insulation on it. I rode it home about 5 days after the storm and it has been pulling my little trailer full of debris or sod ever since. It was so muddy I finally broke down and washed it tonight. I have been abusing this mower something fierce but can't seem to hurt it.

[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again for the offer!

[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
Dave if you can find a Peak AAA prototype body like Uncle Fester mentioned, its about as close as you can get to an Arc AAA for now, at a reasonable price. Get that and the 3Led head and swap it with your wifey, tell her that its brighter!! And newer too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or have it done in brass and get her name engraved on it... that way she might feel its truly hers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an idea I will explore.

Topper

Flashaholic*
No freebies offered from me. I got a Arc AAA we could swap something if you want. It is not for sale nor open to other bidders if Dave needs it it is his. Let me know.
Topper