Key Lux N Cell Flashlight

JanCPF

Enlightened
Best Key chain light I ever owned. A good deal brighter and much whiter than any 5 mm. LED key chain light I know of. Nice flood'ish hotspot with no artifacts. It's a great little light.

Jan

edison

Enlightened
Where are you guys getting them? Do tell. Immediately after reading this post I went to the TNC website and they still list them as sold out. I've been waiting for a 1xAA model for awhile now.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
You have to watch the TNC site or monitor the thread(s) in the Manufacturer's section.

I love my N cell--it's on my keychain. You made a good choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Reaper

Enlightened
HesNot,

You should be pleased with the AA key-lux. I got one recently based solely on the reviews here on the forum and for me it was a good decision. It's bright, very well machined and it uses one common cheap battery (my main reason). I now carry the key-lux instead of my Infinity or my ARC LSH. BTW, TNC's web always showed it being out of stock so I just emailed him about the next run. Luckily he had 3 left in Ano. so I took one. Now I'm waiting for the email for the 350mA version.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Received my Key-Lux "N" Black ANO flashlight today. It's pretty bright for it's size. All segments protected by o-rings. It has a few dings which really are insignificant - you have to examine the light closely to notice them. The head of the light rotated very smoothly and easily - too easily in my opinion. To fix this problem I removed the o-ring, and took a small piece of teflon tape 1/8" wide by 1" long and twisted it lengthwise to form a "rope". I wound 1 layer of this teflon rope inside the o-ring groove and then reinstalled the o-ring. It is now good and snug and I feel assured that the head won't accidently twist off. At a later date I may try a slightly thicker o-ring, if I can find one. Overall it's a very well built light. I'd post some pics but my digital camera can't handle close-ups.

Can anyone give me a realistic figure on runtime using an Energizer Alkaline cell?

Thanks!

83Venture

Enlightened
Nice to know it will take it. I have one of the Protos, one of my nicest lights, better that my FF2.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get a rechargable N-cell. Actually two. Then it is guilt free and you will actually use it more. I even saw a rechargable cell at Radio Shack. Of course you can order over the internet too.

As far as people wondering if this is a good light, I guess they haven't seen it yet. It is brighter then any other stock light I have seen.