Really, really hit the Luxeon Lotto!!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my QIII's from ViKi yesterday. After hearing some of the scary posts about the included batteries, I popped those into my X5T and put SL batteries in the QIIIs. The first one I tried is bright! I was stoked - until I tried the second one. .

It's the *best* white LED I've seen. It's really, really bright. I thought the first one was white, but compaired to the second it looks greenish. It's whiter than my SF, Everleds, Dorcy, PTs, Inovas, etc. I'm working on getting the bezel off so I can find out what bin it is.

Needless to say, wow..definately my new EDC. .

AW

Newly Enlightened
Lucky you, ACMarina /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif
I always got the greenish tint on all my LEDs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

gorlank

Enlightened
Cool!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I love my Nuwai as well. It's so handy, I like the surprise on friend's faces when I click it on. They're used to the sickly yellow from Minimags/Solitaires. Just doing my best to spread the Nuwai gospel. I have two new ones that will go to my cousin and close friend as Xmas presents.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
It's a great light, to be sure.

I have an extremely white tint to mine as well. The LED in mine has no "moon" mode (after about 90 minutes it flickers and shuts off), but that is actually better suited to my needs. I always carry spare batteries, so it's no biggie anyway.

I am giving great consideration to buying this light for a buddy of mine as a Christmas gift. The thing is... the light may actually be *too* bright for him. He's never used a Luxeon light, and he is under the impression that LED lights are a novelty at best.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping to find a SF for a gift this year, but if not my extra QIII is waiting in the wings. .although if I do find a SF, I'd really like to have the spare modded to be cooler. .

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of the lottery, go to a lowes and play with the v2s they have on display that are useable to see the beam or power output. I couldnt find 2 1 watt units that were the same color. One had a brown tint, cobolt, green, blue, etc, etc.

gessner17

Enlightened
I hit the jackpot with the luxeon lottery on my U2. I got a perfect Bright White LED with a perfect amount of slight blue tint in it, no green. Even on the low settings it has hardly any color shift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
Speaking of the lottery, go to a lowes and play with the v2s they have on display that are useable to see the beam or power output. I couldnt find 2 1 watt units that were the same color. One had a brown tint, cobolt, green, blue, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

About exactly describes what I used to go through testing for color. So now if they aren't obviously off-color by themselves (esp. the dreaded cat-urine GREEN) they are good to go...!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant believe they miss this in quality control. I read a brochure where they go through 100 inspections, I am sure one may be of the beam itself. Man, I was just shocked at the aweful colors I saw that day and decided I werent going to buy one of those for sure.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

About exactly describes what I used to go through testing for color. So now if they aren't obviously off-color by themselves (esp. the dreaded cat-urine GREEN) they are good to go...!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you've lowered your standards in choosing luxeons for your lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lordy, I really, REALLY, hate green luxeons !!!!

I make a pain in the %$# of myself if I get one (as in return the durn thing).

My Streamlight Jr. Lux is PURE white, as is my Gerber LX 3.0 (after Batterystation was nice enough to replace a greenie.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
you bucky ******* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

my Q3 has a slight yellow-ish tint

not bad, i can live with it. but its there

when will the lotto end ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Krit

Enlightened
I just win QIII lotto. I order 2 pieces for choose which one is brighter. Lucky to found that both of them are white.