What is the brightest single AA LED keychain light

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the brightest single AA LED keychain/keyring light? I have seen the ARC lights, but I don't know what else is worth buying, especially with ARC's untimely demise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: What is the brightest single AA LED keychain l

If you are talking about lights the size of solitaires and arcs as keychain lights there are several modded arcs and solitaires using lux3s that put out a considerable amount of light, more than any stock light that size I think.
Perhaps someone will chime in with modders names than can make you one of these lights.

Muppet

Newly Enlightened

Terralux does an underdriven, but still very bright, 1W Luxeon AA. It kind of has to be seen to be believed...

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

TNC is working on a 350ma AA Key-Lux. The 200ma models have beautifull appearance.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Muppet said:
Terralux does an underdriven, but still very bright, 1W Luxeon AA. It kind of has to be seen to be believed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just visited their website and don't see a 1 AA 1W Luxeon LED keychain flashlight. What light are you referring to? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED_ASAP does a Arc AAA to Luxeon mod. I have one and it is very bright. It pulls 750mA from the battery to drive the LED. Check the Cheers and Jeers section for more people happy with the LED_ASAP mod. I love mine.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

TNC Key-Lux AA @ 200mA is really nice. The new one will be brighter at the expense of runtime which on the 200mA is great.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I get some really nice reading using a chopped MiniMag light that fits a single AA battery or 14500 Li-ion cell. All sandwiches use Lux 3 emitters. I just did a quick test with a DMM that I had next to me. The current numbers give you an indication of which light is brighter.

Alkaline battery
Madmax WO- 550 mAh
Madmax Lite- 400 mAh
MiniPro III- 880 mAh

14500 Li-ion rechargeable
Madmax WO- 1040 mAh
Madmax Lite- 780 mAh
MiniPro III- 1320 mAh
Badboy 400- 550 mAh