Vital Gear body

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I know there has been discussion on here about the new Vital Gear bodies. Now that you have had them awhile what are your thoughts now? Do they seem reliable? I've heard about some having switch problems how is that going?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems with my FB2. I think the switch problems are an easy fix with a thicker o-ring under the switch.

riscfaktor

Newly Enlightened
No problems with my FB-1. The clip extends too far beyond the tailcap so it won't stand perfectly straight on its tail, so I removed it -- which is a shame because it's actually a decent clip.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered an FB1 body and I think I am just going to file down the screws so that they are out of the way and allow the light to stand properly. Either that or I am going to try to find smaller head diameter screws for the clip. Not sure which way to go yet.

Any opinions on how to get it to sit flat will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Curtis

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
I trimmed screw head out to make it smaller.(It is hard to see various inch screws here)
Now my FB bodies can sit straight up.
Check my poor photo here

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
I've been meaning to look for a couple extra screws to fill the empty holes. It will let the light stand straight & you'll always have spares if you need them. Seems the easiest solution to me.

riscfaktor

Newly Enlightened
Adding the extra screws is a really good suggestion. I hadn't thought of that, and haven't seen anyone suggest it either. I probably have some laying in my tool box I'll have to try.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
is the tail switch serviceable?

i heard that its not a regular kroll switch ...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have the VG body. It's quite nice but I found the clip almost useless because of its poor grip on my shirt or pants pocket, I removed it and bent it to apply more pressure but reattaching it proved impossible and those too-short screws pulled out. The choice between no clip and a useless clip was easy.

It's too bad because it is otherwise a good product.

Brightnorm