Reasons for getting the E2e

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
Comtemplating of getting one, but I already have some SF 2 lithium lights (G2, G2Z, 6P, ... M2) M2 is meant for collection- seldom use. What advantage do I gain from getting the E2e... since it is also a 60 lumens lamp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much smaller and therefore, something that you'll actually carry with you. However, I would suggest that you buy it piecemeal. Shop for Mclux 2x123 body, E2E bezel, and MN03 on BST. You can probably beat the standard E2E price and you'll come out with something thats better, IMHO.

Mark

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here, so you can get an idea of scale:

light_lineup.jpg

Mark

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
I also have a G2 and just receaved a 6p. But the light I carry every day is the e2e. The small size makes it disapear even when carried on a belt. I did replace the lamp with the MN02 to give me the longer run time and the 25 lumens is great for all needs not tactical.

Hornet

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cause it's a killer light. I have he E2d and love it.I didn't know howsmall it was till i got it! smaller then a mini mag, and brighter then most 3-4 cell mag's. I may later get a gizmo head, but for now I like it to be all SF
no problem's mating part's togather,(the vital gear thread had just too many little problem's reported by user's) and super warranty.

I don't know how you will use it, but I got the E2d because of the easy to use clickie, and it's ablity to stand on end and lightup a whole room. VDG

Steve C

Enlightened
Hoya, I have a 6P, G2, and E2O with MN03 high-output lamp (as opposed to the medium-output MN02 the Outdoorsman comes with; I needed the long clip).

The E2-series lights are a true EDC package; I carry mine every day, and I wear dress slacks and shirt to work. IOW, you don't have to dress "tactically" to carry it comfortably. It is considerably smaller and lighter than the 6P, and considerably smaller and about the same weight as a G2. IOW, much easier to pack around.

It has a bit less light output than the larger lights with their P60 lamps. But if it means the difference between having a slightly lees powerful light, or none at all, which would you choose?

I've had that 6P since 1990, but have never carried it daily except on a uniform duty belt. Its just too big and heavy for EDC in "normal" clothes, IMO. The G2 improves that, bit is still too large for most casual/dress pants pockets.

The E2 series is a revelation, as far as I'm concerned.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC my E2e with a KL1 and like most have said, the size is small enough to be carried in my pants pocket, even dress pants. With the KL1 I get really long runtime and the bright white light never fails to impress.
Main point is that the E series (E2e, E1e, E2D or L4) are all modular and interchangable between one another. With exception to the MN01 lamp assembly (for E1e only), the rest you can play around and configure them as you like, from tailcap to body to bezel.
On top of all that, you can even get a McE2s 2 stage tailcap switch (for KL1 and KL4 Led bezels), or even the Vitalgear FB1, FB2 or FB3 battery pack for any of the E series bezels. Or even a highly sought after custom McLux bezel from the sandwich shop is great on it as well... Geez... did I miss anything else?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took me about nine months of reading CPF posts about the many reasons to buy an E2, but I finally did get on the bandwagon and it's become one of my most used and useful lights. I'd spend the $$ to replace it if it were lost - THAT says it all for me.

Is there a cheap, satisfactory, alternative to the $30 Z57 clicky? I can't justify that much right now. I tried Roy's Kroll mod in my G2 with great results.

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
Never done a real runtime test, sorry. I have had the light for about 8 months and have changed the batteries twice. One was my fault, forgot to lock it out and laid on the couch, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif boy can it get hot. The second set I changed after I was able to see a color change in the output. I use the light daily to look for critters in the yard, to work in the data closets at work and some times I even let the wife use it to look for her shoes under the bed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. So it dose get a lot of use for what the wife says is just a flashlight. Best light I have.

Hornet

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cornkid, I would say that it depends on your need. The E2d is market as a 'personal defense tool' or something along those lines. This is more so because of the aggresive crenelations on the bezel and tailcap. Its more if you do need and whether you would want to carry a light like that.

The E2O is essentially the same light as the E2e, only difference is the lamp assembly, which is a MN02. It gives 25lumens and runs for abour 4 hrs or so, compared to the E2e lamp assembly MN03 which runs about 1 hour only but at a brighter output (sorry forgot the lumens number). So you can still get an E2e and purchase a MN02 separately and its a E2O in effect...

Steve C

Enlightened
The E20 also has a lower-powered lamp (MN-02) that lasts 2.5 hours; 25 lumens vs 60 lumens.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2e is a classic and highly useful light. It is very near to perfection IMO. Get it. You won't be disappointed.

udaman

Banned
Brinkman Maxfire, near perfection, highly useful; get it, you won't regret it...did I mention it's $20? If I lose the 'perfect' E2e I will cry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, too much money. Sure it's a much better built light, but I lose things that small,...unless it's umm very 'Special' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif such that I will hold closely, guard with my life.

E2e doesn't have enough power damn it! It needs to be turbocharged to well in excess of 100lumens, with appropriate bulb/power source /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anything under 100lumens is best served by the L4 or another LED, IMHO(unless it's really cheap like the Brinkman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). The L4 has more tank like durability/dependability by virtue of using an LED.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought an E2E yesterday. Sort of an impulse buy, but I have wanted one for a while. And since I flew home with no lights at all (I know shameful) I "needed" a new light.
The main reason I wanted it, is the small size and still bright. It's just a little less lumens than the biger 6P, and can be carried very easily. Now of course I want the KL4 LED head for it (65 lumens for a couple hours). More output than the incandescent lamp.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
I need a good throw light, nonetheless I will get E2e as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif