SF L2 low vs X5T

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
i am wondering, is the SF L2 low brighter than X5T

(and better throw since L2 uses Lexuon LED and reflector?)

and would L2 low be a good host for draining the last out of the used CR123? (and make the beam useful at the same time)

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've never even touched an L2, but comparing the X5T to the high setting on the L1, the L1 is definately brighter and has more throw and I *think* the L2 on low is supposed to be very similar to the L1 on high. Not sure about how the throw compares between the two Surefires.

The L1 on high is still no throw king though. Are you wanting to light up an indoor room well, or barely light up an object in the distance outdoors? That may allow others to help you more.

gessner17

Enlightened
I don't think the L2 throws as far as the L1 being a 5watt with shallow reflector, it just put out a wall of light.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L2 on low and the X5T are roughly equivalent, I got both. The beams are different, the L2 throws a bit furter, the X5T is uneven due to the 5 Nichias.
In any case, the power consuption of the L2 on low is about the half of the X5T, and the runtime, at constant brightness, is the double. The X5T has a longer "tail" since it is purely passive.
Anthony

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
My L2 on low is pretty clearly brighter than my X5HA. It's hard to make a direct comparison because the tints are so different, but the center of the beam is brighter, AND there's more corona and spill. My L4/McE2S with the 30 ohm resistor is much closer to the X5. That all having been said, they're all roughly in the same ballpark.