Runtime on the Q-III, + ? on final V of the 123

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who have the Q-III, how long are you personally getting on runtime, and what is the voltage of the cell when you no longer feel it's enough light?

Exit32

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Q-III for about a month now, and it's my EDC. I use it "as needed" and would guess I've used it an average of two minutes a day on each of the past 30 days. So, that's approximately 60 minutes of runtime.

It's still going strong on the original Panasonic CR123A battery. Moments ago, I removed the battery and measured voltage with a digital multimeter. It's at 2.98 volts now. (I wish I had checked voltage before I first installed it.)

For me, the cumulative number of days I can use my Q-III as needed is more important than continuous-duty runtime. So far, I've very pleased with the efficiency of the Q-III.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My two runtests averaged 90 minutes of relatively steady light before a fairly steep drop off ino moonmode. I didn't measure voltage.

Brightnorm

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm hoping for, brightnorm. Being pretty steady until the chemestry of the CR123 can no longer put out. I ordered a Q-III yesterday. Here's hoping for a decent beam color.

Krit

Enlightened
Does anybody know about change the stock luxeon to J bin.?

I try to run J bin with the stock circuit and feed with li-ion battery. I don't know the dramage to luxeon sine someone told about use J bin with li-ion.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Krit said:
QIII can operated from 1AA cell. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

mind sharing "how"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(please don't tell me just pop one it and see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

Krit

Enlightened
Hi socals2k, meaning is low volt operate. I ever make simple adapter from plastic tube for AA use if stay in place without 123a.