Meteor Shower

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I hope some others had better luck than me. Stayed out for about a half hour before finally seeing one measely meteor. Actually, I enjoy the looking, and I might go for another sighting. I think this shower (Geminids) will go on for a few days, but tonight was supposed to be the peak.

Geoff

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
I saw one around 12:00am when I went on break from work. I didn't know about the meteor shower but suspected it after seeing the meteor.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Didn't see any meteors, but Comet Machholz was prominent last night.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant to go out with my daughter for a while last night, but she was tired and not in a very good mood (being 4 that happens when she's tired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and I'm a bit under the weather still myself and I just forgot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It wasn't very good viewing from here anyway...

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
I saw a few between 9-9:30pm eastern. I had to get up early to go to work so I couldn't stay out later and watch the peak. I did see one more on the drive in this morning though.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I saw a couple of dozen between 10:00 PM and 12:30 AM last night. Some of 'em were nice and bright, and kind of slow moving. Kinda wished I'd driven out to Oklahoma, but that makes for a nasty day at work the next day. As it was I drove out to a place near Melissa, TX.

Looked at comet Machholz, too - it is looking good!

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went outside twice last night. I saw one. nice bright slow one. And it wasnt a plane... well at least I HOPE NOT, as I saw it flash a few times and 'poof' out.
Jeff