Brookstone Super-Lux Flashlight

han

Newly Enlightened
ohh man...i went to there store when i visited san antonio (yesterday)... i saw that flashlight,, and it was on display to try,, but it didnt work,, wouldve told u about it ,, if it worked

Brinkman

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight looks very similar to the Dorcy 1-Watt L.E.D Flashlight...minus the difference in the rings around the bezel...beyond that..it looks as if Brookstone filed the Dorcy name off it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brinkman, this light uses two CR123, not three AAA like the Dorcy 1w Luxeon I'm familiar with. Does Dorcy make a two CR123 Luxeon light?

Brinkman

Newly Enlightened
Dorcy only makes the 1 watt L.E.D with 3 AAA's or two AA's, but i haven't heard of any with the two CR123's.....so i guess it isn't the same type at all. I'm starting to see more of these aluminium 1 Watts all over, from Target to Ebay. Anyone have one of these 1 Watts? How are they brightness and battery length-wise? I heard that they start getting warm fast, even with heatsinking.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
manhong said:

..... In addition, has anyone purchased this flashlight??? If so, what are your thoughts???

[/ QUOTE ]

This light has been in the Brookstone catalog for probably at least a year. If you do a search on CPF, you should be able to find at least one thread aboout it. If I recall correctly, no one who handled the light was particularily impressed with it. Currently, 50 USD will buy you A LOT more flashlight than this Brookstone offering.

Ratso

Enlightened
Nuwai does not actually manufacture lights, they are only a distributor. Once again, I say it really looks like a FavourLight product.

ledaholic

Enlightened
I have one I bought about a year ago. I was not really impressed with output or beam color. It had a really green tint. The light itself is built well so I replaced the LD star with a HD SV1J, It has become one of my favorite lights now. Also, it uses the backwards clickie.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, and was very impressed by this light output and the tint. It seems to be a Lux 3 driven so hard that nothing but white is noticeable. It makes my Surefire L1 (latest gen, Lux 3 HD) look purplish, and made my Arc4 look green. If it is indeed a 1 W, is there some kind of Circuity in it to keep the LED from blowing? You cant open the head very easily.

ledaholic

Enlightened
Mine had a P1KW in it. Yes, there is a circuit in the head. I never measured the current at the emitter with the P1K, but it runs about 400ma with the SV1J. Changing to a HD made the spot a lot smaller and the throw a lot farther. There were 5 or 6 lights at the store when I bought mine. I tested all of them and they all had green tints. I took the one with the best tint. I don't know if the circuit is buck/boost or just buck. Maybe I'll try some weak batts and see what happens.