Need help with decision.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a $25 certificate to Shoptimax and I'm trying to figure out which LED light to buy. The Infinity Ultra and Clipmate were, at first my two choices but now I can't decide. I like the Ultra for potential pocket carry and it's regulated and the Clipmate for extra brightness.

Here's a list of all the choices.

I know I can just get them both. But for this scenario if you were to choose one light on their web site for less than $25. What would you get and why?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Stylus! It's about the same size as a BIC pin and fits in your shirt pocket just like a BIC. The runtime is respectable, about 9 hours to drop to half of the origional brightness. I go for my Stylus more often than my ARC AAA because it's easier to get the Stylus out of my shirt pocket vs the AAA which is attached to my keys which are in my pants pocket.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoptimax coupon.
The item you place in the cart has to have a dollar value over $25.00. So you have to pay for shipping yourself.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this certificate before (that's how I got my PT Aurora
grin.gif
) maybe I'll take a gamble and wait to see if they get the KL1 in stock when they say they will. Or wait for the next certificate and get the Stylus now. Hmmm....

Brock

Flashaholic
Tree do you have a Photon 3 "covert"? It is the photon 3 with the shroud around the LED so it only lights up out the front. I have one on my lanyard and I can't tell you how often I use it in a dark theatre.

But between the Ultra and clipmate I would choose the ultra without thinking. The clipmate it larger and heavier.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would do the covert photon then the stylus then the ultra

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Infinity Ultra and a Clip-Mate. IMO, without the clip, the Clip-Mate pockets just as easily as the Ultra, and blows the Ultra away in terms of brightness. I'd go with the Clip-Mate, hands down...

PJD

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Infinity Ultra for long battery life / Clip-Mate for max brightness. Those would be my choices. I have both. TX