KL1 + beamshaper vs KL4

scuba

Enlightened
I just received my F04 beamshaper from Surefire yesterday and tried it on my KL1 4th generation on a E2e body. I have to say that it
really makes that beam useful. It's just a beautiful bright and pure white flow. It's my first experience with beamshapers and now love them!

My question is: How would the beam of the KL1 + beamshaper compare with a KL4? I realize that we're talking about different brightness here
but I'm just wondering about the quality of the beam. Would they be similar? I've never tried a 5 watts LED.
I only have 1 and 3.

lak

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
scuba said:
My question is: How would the beam of the KL1 + beamshaper compare with a KL4? I realize that we're talking about different brightness here
but I'm just wondering about the quality of the beam. Would they be similar?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are quite different. With KL1+Beam shaper, basically, you are getting a white glob of light with a diffuse edge and no distinct hot spot/side spills.

On the other hand, KL4 puts out a large hot spot and healthy side spills. The size of KL1+F04's "spot" seems to fit more or less in the middle between KL4's hot spot and edge of KL4's side spill.

rikvee

Enlightened
A KL1 with- is still not as smooth a KL4 without an F04.
The E1e/KL4/F04 is my current EDC favorite, the best flood and R123 compatible.

scuba

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ranse said:
KL1 is enought to do EDC!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess but I find the beam much more useful with the beamshaper. It is very rare that I need only throw...It all depends on particular needs I guess.