Pocket E2-F2 EDC?

Brad01

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in an bright light (Most likely incandescent) using a head no bigger that that of the Surefire E2. The light will be used in the pocket at all times.
I can but a E2 head for $25 and a Vital Gear F2 body for $35.
I may post in the B/S/T to find better prices.
This is, however, more than I would prefer to spend. I would like E2-like performance (I have a Brinkman Maxfire and love it, but the head is just a tad too big) The F2 has a bezel-down clip. What is the general consensus on the clip as far as retention and such?
Does anyone have any other suggestions for similar brightness light with the same head diameter?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif Brad

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF, Brad. You may want to consider that you may be more satisfied along with being time and $$ ahead by just purchasing the E2(e) right now. Although it will be educational and maybe you will find a good deal, on the B/S/T or E-Bay, if not, and you can afford a new E2 from a CPF supporting dealer, then you will have saved time by just ordering, now, what took me half a year to realize.

Brad01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Jay, This is THE spot for us flashaholics.
I know I should... My parents may not see it that way!
Do you suggest the stock E2e or the E2e head with VG F2 body?
I do like the ability to stand on end, the clip (In theory!) and the clicky.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, Brad, I've come to find that the CPF is THE spot for almost any information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif The CPF is an extended family and like a really big brain - our members have a wide range of interests.

Regarding the E2; I like the E2e as is - you may prefer the VG body. Mine came without the clicky but I'm edging toward spending the $36 for it. Having spent only $74, new, on the whole thing, $36 seems like a lot, so I haven't gotten the Z57 yet.

Brad01

Newly Enlightened
Well, all that remains is...
The Clip!
Who prefers the VG F2 and who prefers the E2e??

wquiles

Flashaholic
Newbe here - first post ever (after reading for several months!)

I do have the E bezel and VGF2 (which I got from Surefireparts - John is a very nice guy with good prices) and I like it a lot. I also have the L4 which has the same clip as the E2E, and for me I like the clip on the tail that the VG bodies provide, by the switch, instead of the clip by the head/bezel.

Will

Brad01

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flash ya later

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that one of those expressions that CPFers can only say to fellow CPFers??

Steve C

Enlightened
As small as it is, unless you wear rather baggy trousers the E2e is going to be a tad bulky carried in a pocket.

That said, if I HAD to carry a light clipped into my pocket, I would prefer bezel-down.

Have you thought about alternative carry methods? Two that might be viable for you are belt and ankle carry. There are several makers of quality belt holsters, leather and kydex. And there are several ankle pouches that are easily converted to carry a small clipped light.

I carry my A2 on an ankle rig originally intended for an A.G. Russell boot knife. I carried an E2e there for years before finally coughing up the bucks for an A2; which is the ultimate in versatile EDC lights, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, look beyond your pockets. There are other EDC methods that work just as well, or better.

Brad01

Newly Enlightened
Steve, I have a PT rage that has the same bezel diameter (approximatly) as the E2.
I do not have very baggy trousers.
It has a bexel down clip and I carry it with no discomfort.
I don't keep a light in both of our cars, so I throw an incandescent in my pocket before ventureing out at night.
During the day I use a LED or a UK 2aaa.
I do have a belt rig for my Tec40 and Brinkmann Maxfire that I made from an Old Timer sheath that works well (Looks OK too)

I'm used to it because I'm a knife guy too.