Surefire Service

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I was not too happy about the reparation of my L4. First of all, it took Surefire a month to get it back to me, and they also did not give me something that I requested. In my fairly lengthy letter to the Surefire repairs department, I specifically requested a longer clip, in addition to the repairs that needed to be done to my L4 digital lumamax, explaining that I am a frequent camper. Unfortunately, I recieved my flashlight with its former, short clip. Where can I possibly get a longer one?
Thanks!
-Ian-

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe surefireparts (ebay) can help you. He's also a member here, but I can't remember his handle offhand. jcc-something, I think. .

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
SureFire is kinda funny with the long (E2O) clip. Many have reported getting them for free by a phone call. Others have been told "not sold seperately," and my own experience is being charged ~$4.50 on two seperate orders for one clip each. I can kinda understand that, as it probably costs them more than that to process a small order, and their "systems" might interfere with the Repair Dept's ability to "upgrade" a light. I'll give it a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Larry

mblanton

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Surefire a few weeks ago to check on some backordered parts and asked about purchasing a longer clip for my L4.

The email response said they would ship me a new clip and it arrived a week or so later at no charge for the clip or shipping.

Guess it depends on who answers the requests in the service department.

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Surefire_Rocks said:
Hi,
I was not too happy about the reparation of my L4. First of all, it took Surefire a month to get it back to me, and they also did not give me something that I requested. In my fairly lengthy letter to the Surefire repairs department, I specifically requested a longer clip, in addition to the repairs that needed to be done to my L4 digital lumamax, explaining that I am a frequent camper. Unfortunately, I recieved my flashlight with its former, short clip. Where can I possibly get a longer one?
Thanks!
-Ian-

[/ QUOTE ]
This comment works great with your username!

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience for a longer clip took 10 weeks to go through..

Be very polite. Tell Surefire that you need a longer clip. Tell them why the short one doesn't work for you. Tell them the design doesn't suit you and risk losing the light. OR Tell them that you already lost a light because of the clip. Tell them you will even exchange the clip by returning it.

If the reply is "Ok we'll ship you an extra clip free of charge" you wait for 10 weeks patiently, that is if you are in Australia. I am surprised it made it's way here.

-vince.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the username clash. :ha: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats my bro for yah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-tom

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
"In my fairly lengthy letter to the Surefire repairs department, . . ."

A lot of longish letters never get read -- only skimmed, if that. Most people are too busy. I know an engineer who refuses to read any correspondence beyond one page.

Scott

K-T

*Moderator*
So what is your complain - the longer clip missing or did they do anything wrong repairing the L4?

Is this thread about a complain on their CS or is it about you searching for a longer clip? If it is the prior, this is the wrong forum. Otherwise, if it is about the clip, please change the thread title to a more fitting title. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Klaus.

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
No, their repairing only brought about minor scratches-nothing to complain about- but they did not even mention the clip with their return package. I am not too happy with that.
-Ian-

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
Ya,
about your username comments, I generally like Surefire, and loved them up until I got my L4 back. So, when I get my longer clip, I will be happy with them again.
-Ian-

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
Oh,
incase you are wondering, I am really bored in school right now (during study hour)- study hour in High School sucks.
-Ian-

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Surefire_Rocks said:
Ya,
about your username comments, I generally like Surefire, and loved them up until I got my L4 back. So, when I get my longer clip, I will be happy with them again.
-Ian-

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i know what you mean. When surefire told me it would take 6-8 weeks to fix my L2, i felt the same way you do right now. But then when it came back in 2, i was happy again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif