Bad, bad week--Edited--Good, good week!

Theo

Newly Enlightened
Lost an L2 and an X5 within one week.

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

Sh!t, hell, damn!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bad, bad week

My sympathies. Were any of them attached to lanyards, and if not, why not?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry about your expensive loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Theo

Newly Enlightened

I'm pretty sure the L2 is around the house somewhere; I just can't find it for the life of me! I've torn the place apart. But if and when it does show up, it'll be a happy day!

The X5 I lost at work; set it on my briefcase so I wouldn't forget to put it back in the truck, and promptly forgot it was there! Some cleaning lady has a nice light now.

They both had wrist lanyards, but you do have to take them off your wrist sometime!

Thanks for the sympathies. It was a tough week all the way around.

greenLED

Flashaholic

My X5T went missing for about 3 weeks... until we found it under the bed. I *swear* I checked there at least 554.43 times!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

You need a wife like mine..
"Honey, I can't find my.."
She answeres me before my sentence is done.
Having said that, she is determined I will lose my L4..

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ouch, so sorry to hear that, Theo. I know just a tiny bit how you must feel; I've lost a good light but not both an L2 & X5T.

Although this will only work if an honest person finds your lights, but now I insert a slip of paper thanking the finder for calling my phone number. I've done this to all my lights of any value.

My hope is that even if they aren't, initially, honest, once they price the 123 cells (retail$) they may feel sorry for the sucker that got a stupid light that costs so much to run. You can only hope. Good luck.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's gotta sting the wallet quite a bit. That really sucks. Hope you end up finding them.

No, this post is not very creative /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Theo

Newly Enlightened
Whoo hoo! Found them both!!

THe X5 had rolled under my desk, and the L2 was in my sweat pants; I had been helping the wife set up a yard sale.

I think I'll re-read deranged coder's post!

Happy day, oh happy day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whoo hoo! Found them both!!

That's great, Theo!

But, if you are like me, finding something lost can be almost bitter-sweet. I get all ready to replace whatever it was that got lost. Then, when it is found, the built up anticipation of getting something new has no outlet. It is almost a bummer.

Maybe you could celebrate by getting some replacements anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Justification for getting a new light #341.)

Scott

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whoo hoo! Found them both!!

Glad you found them. Yes beezaur is right. I think you should buy extras just incase there is another mishap like this in the future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif